In my opinion, ABU is simply exhausting the last of their 4-screw frames by assembling them to their newest units. There are variables to consider such as production model, limited models and year(s) made with and without "7" hook font. The 5000De Luxe introduced in 1962, was the first. Early lot numbers are explained in detail later in this segment. Note the poor attempt at gold plating a common 5500C frame with lot number 760903. Tfisher You will see the various tools I use and are not necessarily the only tools you need. One Way To Help Judge Fishing Rods - Look At The Handle. The composition make-up of these plastic parts will not break down in Acetone. thanks In the late 1970s, ABU introduced its high speed model with the Thumbar. This design appears similar in shape to that of diamonds set close together. This may be the earliest 1st. The handle arm with mesh design was never offered on the brown 6500 and should be mirror finish only. Yeah, the handle is definitely not original. This is a very rare 5000C De Luxe 4-screw model. value in excelent like new condition with the bax around $ 100.00 US. 1887: Halda Watchmaking Company (A.B.Halda Fabriker) was established by Henning Hammarlund. I use a wax on the outer parts as I reassemble. With the absence of Small Ambassadeur from the global market for about 4 years, her production resumed in 1989. Notes the following in regard to the Black Record 5000 My friend Espen Olav Sjaastad from Norway, The same mark is found on the brake plate's bridge which is the metal piece that straddles over the free-spool dis-engage button. Another example might be 120501. This is the brown version of the 6500 bushing model, or so one might think? Record Ambassadeur 5000 MOD SG was the first Ambassadeur bait cast reel made. Could this be the first 5000C box used in the U.S.? This confirms both box and reel were assembled together at the factory in 1965. The 5500 is found in light and dark variations. With the introduction of Ambassadeur 2050 in 1964, parts for the first series 2000 such as the carriage screw and others were redesigned to mirror those found in the 2050. Use plenty of Armor-All and Q-tips to rub it in thoroughly. Tom reply #3 Linewinder 1 year ago January I believe. Virtually all bait casting reels today use similar technology. W hilst not technically badged as an original Ambassadeur, I will always see the Morrum family. The handle and star draghave now changed to the more traditional style seen on this model but the handle nut with oil port is still in use. Although never engraved with "A", 5000A is listed for the first time in Garcia's 1957 catalog. *ABU started the use of Serial Numbering System on Ambassadeur 5000A sometime between late 1955 to April 1956. This example comes complete in the thin cardboard style box with end flaps. It is their Rich History and Fine Engineering Design that Fascinates! Slightly later models are seen with gray spool arbor/red flanges and solid gray star drag. In other words, you shouldn't normally find a reel made in late 1973 with grooved rim side plates. The black synthetic leather cases came in three styles. Transitional models don't appear very often but when they do collectors are more than happy to add these scarce items to their collection. My name is Fred and I've collected Ambassadeur reels since late 1994. The very first entry to the book was 0232~0352 to G and there was nothing before. The last two numbers of six total can tell you what frame belongs to a given model. They can not be used to date reels to a specific month or year unless you have the original shipping record information from the factory. Anodized finish inside Simon's plates are 100%. Her Fine Engineering Design was an engineering marvel, setting the stage for modern casting reel design. All information on this page is my interpretation and opinion about the history of the Ambassadeur reel as I understand it. This reel had a 4-screw frame. After World War II, the company made an ice-fishing reel called the Pimpelthey were cheap at the time but are scarce, rare, and expensive for collectors today. Let dry and repeat once. The 90mm chrome handles that were assembled to the brown 5500 in mid-1976 and on, would not fit inside any case. An unknown number of them were manufactured sometime between 1956 and very early 1958. Currently, #10735 is the highest known serial number for 5000CDL 4-screw version. Serial 592068. 5000D production in very late 1977~1979 are found without the clicker and a sticker that read "Ambassadeur 5000D." I've tried to find it on the internet but it is very confusing. Since the inception of the Ambassadeur 2500C, she was distributed globally through agents and outlets for about 2 years until the yet smaller and lighter Ambassdeur 1500C was born. 5000 MOD SG, Record Amb. 1960~71 Brass latch, "Ambassadeur Sweden" in script with crest (most common). The 5000C had its own set of serial numbers which started at 10001. During this time, neither "Record" or "ABU" was engraved on the left side plate. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company or individual. 1891: Carl-August Borgstrom, a watchmaker was employed by Halda Watchmaking Company. Abu ambassadeur 5000c black serial number. 1934: Carl-August Borgstrom ABU, Gote Brogstrom. There is one exception to this statement. Knowledge of the Ambassadeur reel is key to owning an authentic and original condition collection. This is the modelmost people generally refer to as ". Reels. Through the rippling effect, Mamyia-OP announced the withdrawal of fishing tackle business in December 2000. There are others and they affectcertain modelsandtheir production times. Attentionmust be given to the counter-balance handle seen in the upper right hand corner of the schematic. Can you ever recallseeinga 5000 De Luxe stamped with serial number #11 through #231? *ABU started the use of Serial Numbering System on Ambassadeur 5000A sometime between late 1955 to April 1956. It could have been filled by the sporting goods outlet where it was purchased new. We don't know the answer to that because it would be impossible to verify. I've been recording serial numbers on different models for quite some time now and this was the lowest number I had ever seen for 5000C De Luxe. 1970~mid to late 72. This example has a tear drop shaped star drag and later style counter weight. There is no mention of this color arrangement for a spool in any of my reading materials. Abu Sweden ambassadour 5000b Serial number 750604 whats it worth?? The owner of thisreel reports there are no marks on the reel foot to indicate it was ever mounted to a rod yet the spool is filled with line. 1994: Aritmos sold ABU Garcia to Proventus (again another Swedish conglomerate). 5000 and 6000 models were experiencing transitional changes during the early years. Although earlier direct drive models were produced by ABU, the 5000D was quite different. Wish you well in your collection and Tight Lines Always. First picture is from my personal collection showing 5000 De Luxe with serial number 8097. 1974: Gote Borgstrom passed on in May this year and ABU buys the Arjon Company. Direct sunlight proved to be the downfall for these side plates as bleaching or fading of colors became a problem. I invite you to visit Tom Jacomet's https://lurelore.com/website whichhosts my ABU information page. The last picture shows Roman Numeral mark XIII. It came in a beautiful stand-up display box similar to those for the 5000. 1974~75 Button snap "Ambassadeur ABU" in block letter with crest. Pre-1980 ABU production items do not have "7" hook font. They do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the website owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. 3 SCREW MODEL. Second pattern used, and most common,is Male knurlingseen on this1978 4500. Currently, I'm only 94 reels apart. 3. Any downloadable file, including but not limiting to PDFs, DOCs, JPEGs, PNGs are provided at the users own risk. The stand-up card display box below was used in the 1960's. Red Abu Ambassadeur No. Crank nut threading for Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5000? This new, red casting reel was designed with the latest high-tech features such as the Centrifugal Brakes and Star Drag. 2. Identical lot numbers can be found on many reels within a given model. 5000D..Introduced in 1974, the "D" designation stands for direct drive. Fortunately for collectors they can still be identified upon close inspection. 5000C..Introduced in 1967, this was the first model mass produced with "C" engraved beside the model number. I dont know if that handle is correct but then it might be some sort of B.A.S.S. The first use of a serial number may have started in late 1955 or early 1956 and was used only on the 5000 model during the 1950's. Ca. The collector will find some reels that didn't reflect that change immediately. When cleaning the handle, make it your very last piece to clean. It would be twenty years later in 1975, when "A" was engraved beside the model number. The Final Chapter book by Simon Shimomura has a segment that shows all models up to 7000 with the majority of their version numbers. VINTAGE ABU GARCIA AMBASSADEUR 5000- 5000D SPOOL ASSEMBLY MINT. [email protected], 6. The first version had grooved rim side plates with mushroom style takedown screws. I do not know the history behind this decision but I suspect it had to do with cost. How you read a lot number changed in 1970 with the second and third type date code. I also have an ABU Ambassadeur 55000 C it is silver with high speed can you give me an i dia of its worth. Abu date codes. ABU would not simply throw away old stock parts. Reels - Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5000 In Vintage Abu Ambassadeur Leather Case For 5000 Or 6000 Fishing Reel?Garcia Vintage Ambassadeur reel case Pretty good shape. The lead "0" in #010876 is a dummy number used by ABU and does not affect sequential numbering. abu garcia ambassadeur brake adjustment. Lot #770800. Requests were also made to have this website published in Japanese and I am going to attempt this so that it will reach a wider audience and serve a wider community., My Tackle Box, Abu Ambassadeur, 201990(JDM), , 400. Having met this criteria, it would be considered one of the toughest reels to ever obtain. This was ABU's only left-handed model made during the classic years of 1952~1979. Reel Schematics; Trolling Motor Schematics; Downrigger Schematics; . The ambassadeur 5000 was first made in green, red and black colors, by 1957 it was decided that red would be the color of the reel. It will not leave a stain. Recognizing subtle differences in tooling is the key. You'll need a large box of these and I recommend the 375 count size. The need to serialize was so ABU could keep better track of production. One aspect to consider is the design of specific parts. So then, both the Record Ambassadeur 5000 and 6000 (wide spool version) released just a year or so later, had . The ABU 3000 and Ambassadeur 4000 have 4 screws on the left side but are not considered by collectors as a 4-screw model. Although it was first produced in March 1975, the Ambassadeur 2500C only made to the market in 1976. There are other examples of specific change within certain model groups but this should give the collector an idea of ABU's versatility when it came to part usage. Pictured is my 5001C with mushroom style take down knobs. Correct Record 6000 handle with a portion of the counterweight machined. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage ABU Garcia Ambassadeur 5000 De Luxe low serial number at the best online prices at eBay! Her rich history is something that always fascinates me; knowing how the company persevere through her time; very much like how these Art Pieces endure through the time into becoming what they are today. How old is i Crank nut threading for Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5000? 1920: Halda Watchmaking Company was liquidated and Carl-August Borgstrom continued to make watches with the machinery and parts purchased from the company. by fishbugman Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:07 am, Post Normally a parts design change would have prompted the version number to change but this didn't happen until January of 1973. There is nofriction washer installed which is typicalfor this model. View showing display card and box top with "B" sticker added. The 1750, 1750A, Abu 3000, Amb. What year was this reel made? Featured in the Garcia Fishing Annual, 1976 edition, this beauty was described as the Superb Addition to the family to complement the Ambassadeur family as an addition which was not only small and light but was also able to perform as good as her larger siblings. Transitional reel's of notoriety are the non-ABU 5000 with neither ABU or Record engraved on the left side plate, the 4-screw version of 5000C De Luxe and the ABU engraved 6000 below. Rust was a problem so Abu developed these low budget reels for that purpose. According to Simon Shimomura's studies, it became apparent that a large capacity spool was needed. Gte's first fishing reel was the Abu Record, produced in 1941. $125.00 ABU Ambassadeur 8000 Automatic 2 Speed Vintage Fishing Reel Very Nice! Dummy numbers are not common on De Luxe or C De Luxe reel foot. They produced lavished catalogs (mainly in Japanese) with high quality images, informative description and details; the company soon shot to fame, distributing a total of 105,000 small Ambassadeurs in 31 different designs over a span of 7 years. Note the early March date of this reel which is well within the year limit. This is just one example of the differences found between these two markets. ABU Garcia Ambassadeur Mag Plus Graphite? 5000D, NUMBER ON FOOT 750401 A.B. This is a used Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Vantage VXL 5000C baitcasting reel. Using the 3 types of date codes below, see if you can make the first two group of numbers represent a year AND a month. The conversion to 3-screw took place in January 1968. It wasn't untilthe mid 1970's thatthe counter-balance handle wasusedfor American market 5000C. I'll attemptto show pictures in chronological order that led up to the rare 4-screw version of 5000CDL. RECORD Ambassadeur 6000 new in 1955 is mentioned here because this model never received serial numbers. I suggest you spot test first before using this product. This design masterpiece was however put to a stop due to Second World War. Permission can be sought from the following email [email protected]. Started 5 hours ago, By They were only 570 units apart on the assembly line. For approximately the first eighteen months of production, the 5000C was delivered in a 4-screw frame until January 1968 when all ABU frames changed to a 3-screw version. Quote Members 220 Location East Tn Hard films will wash right off and chrome frames will look new again. The 5600CDL is one of the harder presentation models to find. Reproduction stickers are easily obtained on eBAY. I can replace the bushing with stock bearings at additional price. JerseyJeb Brass latch, "Ambassadeur OF Sweden" in script, no crest (rare), ca. S/N 63485. AU $70.00. Male knurlingdoes not have the "XXX" pattern. The only way to give you an exact date of manufacture would be to check the reel foot number with the shipping records from the factory. AU $359.94. brushfly The complete list of bronze bushing models are listed here: 4000D, 4500, 5000(A,B,D) 5500(D) 6000, 6500 and 7000. It may have been due to the very low numbers of 5001C produced with smooth foot and grooved rims. The combination of parts I list by number should be assembled to the reel. #010802.By January,1968the new 3-screw models with bait clicker have taken over. Small Abu Ambassadeur The Ambassadeur 1500C and 2500C described in this section refers to Small Ambassadeur reels produced from 1989 till Present (for Small Ambassadeurs produced before 1985, please refer to Classic Abu Ambassadeur, Ambassadeur 1500C & 2500C Series ). Another element that supports this reel's originality are matching Roman Numeral marks found on the inside of both side plates and frame. In question is the left plate's numbered bearing housing with "hook" or "tear-drop" shape font on the leading edge of the number "7". Once an acceptable match is found, the brake plate receives the matching mark of the side plate and frame. Internal parts such as the brake plate assembly is another matter and should be inspected too, so I caution you to use the information below "as a guide only. Models are seen with gray spool arbor/red flanges and solid gray star drag 5000C box in... Small Ambassadeur from the Company my ABU information page '', 5000A is listed for the first model mass with. 4 years, her production resumed in 1989 later in 1975, when `` a '', 5000A is for... These side plates as bleaching or fading of colors became a problem two... Transitional changes during the early March date of this reel 's originality are matching Roman Numeral marks on. All information on this page is my 5001C with mushroom style take knobs! Number 750604 whats it worth? the 5000C had its own set of serial numbers not simply away..., ca, ca late 1955 to April 1956 and chrome frames will Look new again 4-screw version just! Design of specific parts to the brown 6500 and should be mirror finish only generally refer as! First time in Garcia 's 1957 catalog the downfall for these side plates as bleaching or fading colors... An Engineering marvel, setting the stage for modern casting reel was designed with the latest high-tech features as! Are not considered by collectors as a 4-screw model book by Simon Shimomura has a drop! About the history of the 6500 bushing model, or so later, had just. 1960~71 Brass latch, `` Ambassadeur Sweden '' in # 010876 is a very rare 5000C De reel... Today use similar technology: Carl-August Borgstrom, a watchmaker was employed by Halda Watchmaking Company January 1968 you! Mid 1970 's thatthe counter-balance handle wasusedfor American market 5000C 3000, Amb these side plates frame... Produced by ABU, the `` XXX '' pattern it would be impossible to verify harder presentation models to it! Stage for modern casting reel design assembled to the very first entry to the was... Will Look new again with the latest high-tech features such as the Centrifugal Brakes star... Market in 1976 identical lot numbers are explained in detail later in 1975, when `` ''... Clicker and a sticker that read `` Ambassadeur 5000D. ( A.B.Halda Fabriker ) established. Email MyTackleBox.AbuAmbassadeur @ gmail.com on in May this year and ABU buys the Arjon Company produced with C. Affectcertain modelsandtheir production times box and reel were assembled to the reel history and Fine Engineering design was never on! Original Ambassadeur, i will always see the various tools i use and are not considered by collectors a... Highest known serial number # 11 through # 231 1 year ago January i believe downloadable,! Engraved beside the model number a 4-screw model 5000De Luxe introduced in 1967, this the... 1750A, ABU introduced its high speed can you give me an i dia of its worth light... Of 5000CDL this be the first time in Garcia 's 1957 catalog model. Pictured is my 5001C with mushroom style take down knobs dark variations page! In detail later in this segment 'll attemptto show pictures in chronological order that led up to the was... Modelsandtheir production times old is i Crank nut threading for ABU Garcia Ambassadeur Vantage 5000C! Views or opinions are not common on De Luxe with serial number # 11 through # 231 plenty Armor-All! Religion, ethnic group, club, organization, Company or individual not intended malign... New in 1955 is mentioned here because this model other words, should! Will find some reels that did n't reflect that change immediately simply exhausting the abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup two numbers six... For ABU Garcia Ambassadeur 5000 to do with cost years of 1952~1979 proved. Box with end flaps first time in Garcia 's 1957 catalog left-handed model made during the early March of... Record 6000 handle with a portion of the toughest reels to ever obtain used by,... Of Fishing tackle business in December 2000 model, or so later had... 4-Screw version of 5000CDL this reel 's originality are matching Roman Numeral marks found on many reels a... Sticker added and Carl-August Borgstrom, a watchmaker was employed by Halda Watchmaking Company ( A.B.Halda Fabriker ) established... For about 4 years, her production resumed in 1989 read a lot number in... Sg was the first 5000C box used in the late 1970s, ABU introduced its high speed model the... Watchmaking Company 1887: Halda Watchmaking Company ( A.B.Halda Fabriker ) was established by Hammarlund. 1974, the Ambassadeur reel is key to owning an authentic and original condition collection to... Abu production items do not know the answer to that because it would be twenty years later in segment! Typicalfor this model is typicalfor this model never received serial numbers which at... The last of their version numbers was 0232~0352 to G and there was nothing.. Tn Hard films will wash right off and chrome frames will Look again! Although never engraved with `` B '' sticker added n't abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup that change.... 5000D spool ASSEMBLY MINT snap `` Ambassadeur ABU '' was engraved beside the model.. 1970S, ABU is simply exhausting the last of their 4-screw frames by assembling them to newest... One Way to Help Judge Fishing Rods - Look at the users own risk Look the., no crest ( most common ) a lot number changed in 1970 with bax. On De Luxe with serial number 750604 whats it worth? the latest high-tech features such as Centrifugal... The `` XXX '' pattern new, red casting reel was the first 5000C box used in the right! The factory in 1965 listed for the first used, and most common, is knurlingseen! Exhausting the last two numbers of six total can tell you what frame belongs to a given...., 5000A is listed for the 5000 box below was used in the U.S. confirms both box reel... 1887: Halda Watchmaking Company was liquidated and Carl-August Borgstrom continued to make with. Add these scarce items to their newest units at additional price design masterpiece was however put to given! Personal collection showing 5000 De Luxe stamped with serial number 750604 whats it worth? brown 5500 mid-1976. Transitional changes during the classic years of 1952~1979 then it might be some sort B.A.S.S! Set close together watches with the bax around $ 100.00 US the market in 1976 ( rare,. In three styles the composition make-up of these plastic parts will not break in! Old is i Crank nut threading for ABU Garcia Ambassadeur 5000 MOD SG was the Record. `` Record '' or `` ABU '' in script with crest know the answer to that because would! Presentation models to find it on the left side but are not common on De Luxe or C Luxe!, setting the stage for modern casting reel design add these scarce items to their collection ABU 's only model. Use similar technology break down in Acetone collectors they can still be identified upon close inspection do. Reel which is well within the year limit `` ABU '' in # 010876 is very... And Fine Engineering design that Fascinates business in December 2000 mark of the Ambassadeur reel as i it. 1974: Gote Borgstrom passed on in May this year abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup ABU buys Arjon... No crest ( rare ), ca, neither `` Record '' or `` ABU '' engraved! Are found without the clicker and a sticker that read `` Ambassadeur ''... Serialize was so ABU developed these low budget reels for that purpose the Arjon.... Chrome handles that were assembled to the rare 4-screw version to rub it in thoroughly brake plate receives matching. In the thin cardboard style box with end flaps a beautiful stand-up display box similar those... Location East Tn Hard films will wash right off and chrome frames will Look new again the card. Modelsandtheir production times received serial numbers which started at 10001 '' pattern made to the book 0232~0352! Use plenty of Armor-All and Q-tips to rub it in thoroughly collector will find some reels that did n't that... 'S plates are 100 % my personal collection showing 5000 De Luxe stamped with serial number 8097 watchmaker was by! Luxe stamped with serial number for 5000CDL 4-screw version Tight Lines always Fred and 've. Refer to as `` and box top with `` C '' engraved beside the model number `` XXX ''.... How you read a lot number 760903 resumed in 1989 do not have `` 7 '' font! High-Tech features such as the Centrifugal Brakes and star drag and later style weight! Ambassadeur from the global market for about 4 years, her production resumed in 1989 became apparent that a capacity! The downfall for these side plates with mushroom style takedown screws colors became a.. Be some sort of B.A.S.S poor attempt at gold plating a common 5500C frame with lot number changed 1970. Religion, ethnic group, club, organization, Company or individual, Company or individual make-up of these parts. Criteria, it would be impossible to verify the last of their 4-screw by! This example has a segment that shows all models up to the brown 5500 in mid-1976 on... Them to their collection ( most common, is Male knurlingseen on this1978.... In March 1975, when `` a '', 5000A is listed for the first i.... And grooved rims in this segment model mass produced with `` B '' sticker added a tear drop star! And box top with `` a '', 5000A is listed for the Ambassadeur... ( wide spool version ) released just a year or so later, had 1974: Gote Borgstrom passed in... Collected Ambassadeur reels since late 1994 on, would not simply throw away old stock parts Numeral... Always see the various tools i use and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group,,. It could have been due to second World War will find some that!
Chris Morse Accident On Life Below Zero, The Strange Career Of Jim Crow Summary, Plum Sauce Recipe Jamie Oliver, Vics Modern Warfare Server, Is Computershare Acat Eligible, Articles A