Our shaded, open-air 4x4 tour truck takes you on a thrilling six-mile off-road adventure to the entrance of Secret Antelope Canyon, followed by a 300-meter nature walk to the stunning slot canyon. 1. When you buy your permit, the attendant will hand you a map, which we didnt really use. Avoid the crowds at the Antelope Canyon in Arizona and visit Secret Canyon and Canyon X instead, Hotel Review: Amano Hotel, Covent Garden, London, Madrid Fusion Gastronomy Summit 2023, Spain, Travel Guide: El Salvador, Central America. Upper Antelope Canyon is by far the most popular of the two. Tough call if I had to pick just one, but I would probably go with the Hummer tour to see Secret, Passage and Staircase Canyons, ditch the crowds and have the possibility of seeing some wildlife. Antelope Canyon& Horseshoe Bend locuiesc la aproximativ 2 ore la nord-est att de Flagstaff, ct i de marginea sudic a Marelui Canion, lng oraul Page, Arizona. What time of day is best? On windy days, dust can blow into your nose, mouth and ears. Awww thank you!! Secret Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend Overlook, The top two Page, Arizona area attractions in a single tour, Enjoy the popular Secret Antelope Canyon Tour PLUS a trip to the world-famous Horseshoe Bend Overlook, A uniquely beautiful slot canyon in Page, AZ and far less crowded than Upper and Lower Antelope, A private Navajo viewpoint of Horseshoe Bend located immediately adjacent to the congested National Park Service viewing area, Less than a 100 meter walk from the truck to the private Horseshoe Bend Overlook, Fun off-road adventure in a shaded and cushioned open-air tour truck, 360-degree views of stunning Southwest wilderness, Fun and memorable experience for the whole family. Visits are by smaller groups, each of which is the only group in the canyon at that time. Book your next cruise vacation on one of these floating megaresorts. EPIC DRIVE THROUGH MONUMENT VALLEY WITHOUT A GUIDE, ICONIC NAVAJO EXPERIENCE AT THE VIEW HOTEL, 18 Photos that Prove You Need to Book a Ticket to Thailand Right Now, 20 Fabulous Fall Photo Ideas for all the Fall Feels on Your Instagram, Budget Friendly Amazon Gift Ideas for the Homebody, Why Assateague Island Should Be on Your Bucket List, 5 Places to See Beautiful Fall Foliage in Washington DC 2022, 10 Secret Places to See Cherry Blossoms in Washington DC Like a Local without the Crowds, The Ultimate Arizona Road Trip Guide | Antelope Canyon, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon. But you'll find fewer people here. We are Rhonda and Mike, a Canadian couple who make it a priority to travel every chance we get! Tickets (excluding the park entrance fee) start at around $50 for adults and $30 for children ages 4 to 12. Oh my days! So, I did my share of online digging and found the Secret Canyon an intimate version of the slot canyon, which was definitely the highlight of our South West USA road trip. Do: Wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes and layered clothing. Additionally, there will be significantly fewer tourists and photographers, as mentioned before, which makes for a better viewing and photographing experience. The cuts are modern and even the white shirts protect you from the sun. The total driving travel time between Las Vegas and Antelope Canyon is about 4 and a half hours, traffic permitting. It features the smooth curves, slim passageways, and orange hues that are characteristic of slot canyons near Page. Returning in 40 minutes to the hummer shop, with views of Lake Powell in the distance, your memories will last a lifetime. Antelope Canyon X which gets its name from the X-shaped formation at the top of the canyon is located within Antelope Canyon, so it still features the same geologic features the Upper and Lower areas are known for, but its relative anonymity makes it less of a tourist magnet. 22, 2023, Up to 60% Off + Exclusive 5% Guaranteed Priceline Coupon, Up to 50% Off Travel Plans with Top Expedia Promo Code, Discount Travel Plans with 50% Off on Hotels.com bookings, 50% Discount on Getaways with Barcel Resort & Hotels, Booking.com Promo Code Up to 50% Off + Extra 10% Off. Would you believe me if I told you theres a slot canyon that looks just like the famous Upper and Lower Antelope Canyons that you can hike all on your own? Sign up here to be the first to know about everything Sea of Blush. The further we walked, the narrower the slot became, and soon the scenery was just like Id seen in those slot canyon pictures that inspired me to visit Page. Overland Canyon Tours is the only outfitter licensed to visit this particular canyon. Arizona Hot Springs Canyon This slot canyon is located in the Lake Mead Recreational Area, just south of the famous Hoover Dam. Tickets, which do not include park entrance fees and taxes, cost approximately $50 for visitors 13 and older and $30 for those 4 to 12. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. If Antelope Canyon has made its way on your travel bucket list, and the beautiful imagery has got you feeling some sort of wanderlusty way, we hope youll consider booking a tour with Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours. Plus I was busy with the boat tours earlier in the day. All of Antelope Canyon Navajo Tours' guides are local Navajo people, and they are generally deemed knowledgeable, personable and professional by reviewers. Experience. The company recommends advance reservations, as tickets sell out quickly, and suggests that visitors without them arrive one hour prior to their preferred tour start time. Here's the essential information you need for a satisfying visit. Just one correction the elevation there is closer to 4000 than 7000, about 4300 feet. You will get an obscene amount of sand in your shoes though! The path inside the Lower Canyon can be quite narrow, which may be an issue for visitors uncomfortable with confined spaces. Please note, Canyon X and Secret Canyon are temporarily closed. Once there, your tours may last up to two hours when you figure in parking, the journey there and actual time spent in the canyons. I could really appreciate the difference between Secret Canyon and the more popular Antelope Canyon. Welcome to my blog! Ive hiked at many different locations with just a downloaded Google Map and it was super useful. The tours are given by hummer advetures in Page Az. It was so packed with people vying for the perfect photo spot that I worried about accidentally getting bumped over the edge. I think we took the 9.30 tour. However, once I started reading reviews of the Antelope Canyon tours, I was quickly turned off by complaints of them being rushed and crowded, and became concerned about the effects of over tourism. On the other hand, Lower Antelope Canyon is known to be a more fun experience, due to the different types of passageways and climbing areas. Even though Secret Canyon is a wonderful alternative to Antelope Canyon, thats not to say that Antelope isnt worth visiting as well. Created by millions of years of erosion, Antelope Canyon is part of the Lake Powell Navajo Tribal Park, located 10 minutes east of Page, near the Arizona-Utah border. Weve given you all the steps, its up to you what to do with them. Dei aceste dou locuri sunt relativ aproape de Grand Canyon i unul . Guides are frequently described as informative and friendly and the scenery as unsurpassable. A permit, though this is usually covered in your guide's fee (see below). The ride is an adventure in itself and the natural air conditioning is a welcome relief to the summer heat! Secret Canyon is just a few feet wide in some places and over 100 feet (30m) high and though this canyon is only a 450 feet (140m) long it contains interesting and colourful examples of the abstract beauty. When visiting Lower Antelope, we suggest anywhere between 10am -1pm. Photo about zand, genaturaliseerd, rots, buiten, lager, arizona, antilope, nave, reserve, park, blauw, bestemming, nazi, verbazingwekkend . (Getty Images). Explore the top-rated styles for every type of trip to the beach. First of all, I wasnt sure exactly which day we would arrive to Page, Arizona and we needed some small flexibility in timing. Promise No SpamHey I don't blog that much! Antelope Canyon, Page. Loved it all, so many gorgeous things to see! The narrow entrance causes you to turn almost sideways to enter but inside the cool darkness hides some of the most special views of any slot canyon. She is the author of two guidebooks and a contributor to Fodors Arizona & The Grand Canyon. Learn more about this architectural marvel on a guided tour. Alternatively, you may use, Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Page Lake Powell, Courtyard by Marriott Page at Lake Powell. The ability to explore at our own pace was a huge plus and it felt like we were at Antelope Canyon without a guide to herd us along. It carried me and my gear quickly and comfortably up the hill to my vehicle. Antelope Canyon X Taadidiin Tours is the only operator running tours of Antelope Canyon X. I recommend all these canyons regardless of cost. On our recent trip we did photo tours to both "Canyon X" and (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This canyon is renowned for the breathtaking shafts of light that break through the narrow canyon roof. Admire the unique forms and vibrant colors of this relatively new canyon and learn about its history and formation from your experienced guide along the way. No real need to do any of the "extra effort" ones, but if you're the adventurous type I imagine it'd be an interesting excursion. Phoenix, / Credit: John Volk, Hampton Inn and Suites Page - Lake Powell, Embark on the Northern Arizona Road Trip of Your Dreams, A Guide to Visiting Horseshoe Bend 'the Right Way', A Guide to Visiting Havasu Falls the 'Right Way', Arizonas Wildly Different Desert Regions. The narrow passage snaked like a meandering stream while above me the blue sky peeked through the narrow opening at the top of the canyon walls. Several miles after leaving Highway 89 we came to the end of the road where our transport stopped. Compared to the Grand Canyon and other well-known national landmarks, Antelope Canyon is away from the crowds, making it easy to get to, visit, and photograph without other tourists interrupting you. If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. Yet, theres a slot canyon near Page, Arizona that hasnt made it onto the radar of most tourists who are following the masses to the famous Antelope Canyon. Antelope Canyon is found on the lands of the Navajo County, Arizona. Subscribe, Admin Offices He even helped us to set the cameras to the optimal lightning so we could all get the most out of our photo session. Waterhole Canyon is not quite as tall as the Antelope Canyons but if you showed me a picture of Waterhole Canyon and told me it was Antelope Canyon, I honestly would not have been able to tell the difference. Waterhole Canyon and Antelope Canyon are both slot canyons and very similar in appearance. We went to Water Holes in November and it was unseasonably warm, a perfect 70s, and we were definitely glad we brought water. Drivers coming from the north or south can take Route 89, drivers from the west can take Route 89A, and visitors commuting from the east can take Route 98. Canyon X is a private tour, only offered through Overland Canyon tours. The company's 90-minute sightseer tours of the Upper Canyon take place several times daily beginning at 7:30 a.m. Prices for these tours, which include the park entrance fee, cost approximately $100 per person (the 11:40 a.m. tour is slightly higher as it is peak time). Check with your tour operator about availability before you book. Dixie Ellis also offers daylong van tours that combine the Lower Antelope Canyon Tour with visits to the Navajo National Monument and Monument Valley. I would recommend doing at least one of the Antelope Canyons though just so you can see it. In this age of Internet and social media, its easy to feel like there are few discoveries left when it comes to great travel destinations. For your convenience, here is a list of hotels in Page. Lower Antelope Canyon requires walking down (and up) several flights of stairs and ladders. And dont worry, you will have plenty of time to make awesome photos because in the group of 15 people everything can be arranged. We chose the 1.5 hour hiking tour of Antelope Canyon X, which costs $40 per adult, $30 for children ages 8-11 and $22 for children aged 0-7. The smaller one is only 100 feet long but has wonderful formations. It is a very beautiful canyon. It was amazing definitely go to this slot canyon if you are in the area for Antelope Canyon! The photo tour takes a maximum of 6 people and you have the place all to yourself. Those 7 and younger are not permitted on the outings. Although it is one slot canyon, there are two points within the park that you can visit: Upper Antelope Canyon and Lower Antelope Canyon. There are no trash cans and no bathrooms in the canyon. You'll also need a prior reservation with an authorized Navajo guide to visit either Upper or Lower Antelope Canyon. Look for the Tour sign pictured above on the right-hand side of the road. Sign up to The Travel Magazine's FREE Newsletter and get the latest news, articles, guides, promotions and competitions. To photograph the beams of light, book a tour that will be in the canyon between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., May through October. Additionally, there are quite a few other amazing sites to see nearbyHorseshoe Bend, White Pocket and the Vermilion Cliffs, and Lake Powellthat many people choose to stay at least one night to get the most from their trip.Hampton Inn and Suites Page - Lake PowellThis national chain is among the area's newer properties and ranks high among past guests for its clean, comfortable rooms, friendly staff and free hot breakfast. Its walls stand up to 120 feet above the streambed, while the canyon itself sits approximately 3,700 feet above sea level. (Check with your tour company if you have any questions about additional fees.). Just as we were exiting the canyon, the next tour group was beginning their exploration. this is what the hummer tour website says: VISIT SECRET CANYON: This Hummer tour begins at 12 N. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? We left this water jug out in the sun all day and it was still cold the next day. Location is the biggest difference. In Flagstaff, take I-40 East towards Albuquerque for roughly 6-miles. With just a small number of guests, you'll have ample time to photograph and truly immerse yourself in this magical location. Water Holes Canyon runs east to west, passing under Highway 89 before meeting the Colorado River. Added by Josiah Roe. Your email address will not be published. So I asked around, did some research and discovered Horseshoe Bend Tours, a company that has exclusive access to Secret Canyon and a private Navajo viewpoint of Horseshoe Bend. I guess you never know what style of guide youll get, but the one we had was a good fit for our personalities. A barren tree branch had been swept into the confined passages only to be lodged against a narrow opening. But I couldnt find it. Hi Tess, you can contact Tim directly: [email protected] sometimes it takes a day or two for him to reply, I imagine the top season is coming now, so be patient Or go to their web page and search for a phone contact. Don't forget to look up, especially when the canyon is crowded.Several tour operators, such as Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours, also offer tours of nearby, nearly-as-spectacular canyons. The canyon splits into several tributaries, some which have deep narrow sections . Had we done our tour closer to mid-day, I bet the canyon wouldve had a whole different look and feel. Hour-long tours of Lower Antelope Canyon cost $40, and up to $80 for deluxe options. It's a narrow canyon formed by the wear of water rushing through rock (of the sandstone and limestone varieties). Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours: Secret Antelope Slot Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Tour - See 3,452 traveler reviews, 1,525 candid photos, and great deals for Page, AZ, at Tripadvisor. The Grand Canyon is about 135 miles southwest. Hi Anda, is it okay to bring a camera bag or would it be okay to bring a small bag? You'll not only spend an hour in the canyon, but you'll also visit the Hzh Haz' Heritage Site and receive a meal. Antelope Canyon is like no other spot on earth. Big tour groups are still flocking to Antelope Canyon. This is the more popular of the two slot canyons. If I look back, I cannot even imagine crowding with the tourists, waiting for my shot and being pushed on by another forthcoming group. We love to kayak and are looking to see all the. To recap: Decide which of the canyons youre wanting to visit and book tours accordingly. Tours run several times daily. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. So turn your thoughts to spring, winter, or fall.the months outside of May through September. The first thing to know about Antelope Canyon is that these are slot canyons. Have you ever seen the amazing photos of a narrow canyon with elegantly curved rocks, colored in 50 shades of red that seem like from another planet? Learn how to take fantastic photos of Antelope Canyon from a trained guide during a tour of either Upper or Lower Antelope Canyon. Additionally, you'll need: Until recently, the cost varied significantly depending on whether you booked a sightseeing or photography tour. Secondly, I didnt want to be stuck in a crowd with hundreds of tourists photobombing my camera (I read it can get quite messy and dusty down there on busy days). *4 paid seats are required for a trip to operate. It was our first time being inside a slot canyon and having such a positive experience made us want to visit more slots on our American southwest road trip. 1600 feet long. It is quite expensive (90 USD per adult and 65 USD per child) which is almost twice the price you pay for Antelope Canyon), however you do get the experience that you probably cant get anywhere else. Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours, 821 U.S. Highway 89, Page, AZ 86040. My wife and I were in Page last fall and toured Upper (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Maximum group size is now 25 (it was 15 when we did our Secret Canyon tour) and only one tour group is in the canyon at a time. These hikes, which travelers say are led by knowledgeable and professional guides, usually last 60 to 90 minutes and cover about a mile. However, the actual tour experience was the complete opposite of what we enjoyed at Secret Canyon. Canyon X is much less crowded and just as stunning.. The three canyons visited on the canyon tours are fairly easy to walk (a little climbing over/under rocks, but nothing major), are still very pretty and were completely deviod of other people (just me, my wife, the guide and a great horned owlhow cool is that). Secret Antelope Canyon is part of the Antelope Canyon system and is still an undiscovered gem, spectacular and photogenic but without the crowds. There is a Secret Canyon right outside of Page, and it is a slot canyon. 1110 W Washington St, #155 Experience the breathtaking beauty of Secret Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Overlook on our exclusive tour. Contact us at (435)275-4594 to discuss a custom departure time if you don't see one that works for you. Companies that provide tours of Upper Antelope Canyon are all based in or near Page, Arizona, and provide transportation to the Upper Canyon. We took the Lower Antelope Canyon Photography Tour and saw first hand how tour guides herded tourists through like cattle. First of all, let me say that your pictures are absolutely amazing! Each section of the canyon is about 120 feet deep (or 37 meters). ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-22708715', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Antelope Canyon. The Navajo Nation limits visits to either the Upper or Lower Antelope Canyon to two hours and requires all visitors to be led by authorized guides. It would be a shame for that to happen here. I will be looking forward to some future posts! The nooks and crannies hid long lost tumbleweeds. No matter which tour you pick, you're guaranteed to see incredible rock formations in a kaleidoscope of colors. I actually wanted to go here when I was in Paige! The smaller number of people really allow you to experience the unusual beauty of a slot canyon. Antelope is a beautiful slot canyon but has so many visitors that it feels more like an amusement ride than a natural experience. Not any longer. You will stay on Navajo land in one of eight simple accommodationsno electricity or running water, but fresh drinking waterwith nothing but views for miles.Lake Powell ResortIf a visit to Lake Powell and Glen Canyon National Recreation Area is on your list, you can't get closer than a stay at this resort located at Wahweap Marina in Page. As a desert canyon formed by water erosion, Antelope Canyon is subject to dangerous flash flooding, which is one of the reasons trained tour guides are required. The Wave in Arizona and Monument Valley are both amazing places to add to your southwest itinerary. For the most part, we had this slot canyon to ourselves. Before I share with you our experience visiting Secret Canyon, heres a brief background about this special location. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Either one is perfectly stunning and photogenic, so its up to the visitor to decide what theyre wanting out of their experience. We hiked aka walked all through the canyon and eventually came to a ladder. Crowds will be at their peak then, which may make it difficult to snap that perfect shotFind better rates, fewer people and still amazing views during the off-season from November through late February, and especially in January.Though uncommon, Antelope Canyon may close during days of heavy rain or snow. wow! Not to worry if you dont have a DSLR or a tripod, our iPhone 6+s captured stunning photos here too! Apply plenty of sunscreen, even in winter. This exclusive access allows you to have a much shorter walk to the rim and enjoy breathtaking views of the Colorado River winding around the Horseshoe Bend loop. Topping the bucket list of bucket lists, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon is one of the most sought after destinations in the world. This combination tour lasts about 3-3.5 hours. Approximately 3 hoursfrom departure at 821 US 89 in Page, AZ. The Secret Canyon area is near Sedona - maybe RedRox can comment on that. Canyon X is also on private land and it used to be much more difficult to visit than today. Hotel review: ALO Hotel by Ayres (Anaheim, California, USA), 10 things to do in Bali with bonus saving tips, Snorkeling in Maldives: a moment of reflection, Snorkljanje na Maldivih in minuta za samorefleksijo. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content. We only met a few other tourists along the way. There is just very little privacy. You just need to buy a permit right before you go and put that permit on the dashboard of your car when you park. A light long sleeved shirt would also provide good sun protection, and dont forget your sunscreen. Required fields are marked *. This rare opportunity to explore one of the longest slot canyons on the Navajo Nation is made even more special by the limited number of guests we take on each tour. 85007 Upper Antelope Canyon is called Ts bighnln, 'the place where water runs through rocks' by the Navajo People in that specific area.It is the most frequently visited by tourists because its entrance and entire length are at ground level, requiring no climbing; and because beams of direct sunlight radiating down from openings at the top of the canyon are much more common all year round . AZ Hi Konstanze, thank you for your comment. Antelope Canyon takes its name from the herds of pronghorn antelope that once resided in it. I definitely recommend you to protect the camera because it gets dusty but if you are careful, you should be fine . *Navajo permit fee of $8/person Navajo Park fee will be added at checkout. The slot canyon has over 1500 feet of beautiful sandstone formations located in the upper most part of Water Holes Canyon allowing you and friends to enjoy the sights for over 1 hour. Let's explore the world together. Page ; Hotels ; Things to do ; Restaurants ; Flights What is the significant difference? Secret Canyon is a short slot in the middle fork of upper Water Holes Canyon. Others express disappointment in the structured nature of the tour, which they say moves quickly and limits creative freedom. Personally, both I and my husband preferred the unrushed experience of Waterhole Canyon. From Phoenix, the drive north to Antelope Canyon is approximately four-and-a-half hours. How do you get there? Waterhole Canyon is still worth a visit even with a guided tour. We have smaller groups, more personal experience. The entrance to Secret Canyon was a little snowy, as its more open than other parts of the slot, but I loved the contrast of the white snow with the orange rock (something I wasnt expecting to see in a desert). Whether you start in Page or at the park's entrance, be prepared to ride in a four-wheel-drive vehicle through a sandy riverbed to the canyon. Upper vs Lower Antelope Canyon What is Upper Antelope Canyon? This is the most exclusive of the four best Antelope Canyon tours, with only 25 people allowed in at one time and two or three tours . I love UV Cut by Uniqlo for sun protective clothing because it is UDF 50 but very breathable and looks like normal clothes and not hiking clothes Check Prices Here. Water Holes Canyon runs east to west, passing under Highway 89 before meeting the Colorado River. Arrive at least 15 minutes early. Upper Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon carved out of the Navajo Sandstone rock and was the place where the most expensive photo ever sold was taken - (Peter Lik's "The ghost") - for over $6 million. In fact, it has become so popular, you have to book your tour a few days ahead (you can't do it alone, as the land is owned by Navajo tribe) especially if you are on a road trip and can't afford to lose time. Our tour of Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon started at 9:00 a.m. at the tour office in Page. You are allowed to bring one bottle of water (and we highly recommend you do). Luckily, they are real and they can be found in Arizona, USA. I recommend both - because they are very different experiences. The Courtyard was great, nice sized and well-appointed rooms. Antelope Canyon's otherworldly beauty makes it one of the most highly sought after destinations in the world, and access to this natural marvel is granted only with a Navajo guide. One of the steepest slot canyons in the area with hoodoos, corkscrews, multi-colored sandstone and stunning rock formations all without the crowds of the more well-known and popular Antelope Canyons. Rest assured, no matter which canyon you visit, you're guaranteed incredible scenery. While this canyon is wider, it is also darker because of its shape. Tours depart daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (you'll need to arrive 30 minutes before departure to check in). Discover these empowering women's history destinations selected by the U.S. News travel editors. The celebrated light beams that illuminate the canyon are most likely to be seen during the summer months. Keep in mind, bags of any kind, photography equipment, strollers and pets are not permitted on this tour. Difficulty:There are no stairs or ladders in the canyon, but it does require walking on sandy terrain. The Navajo Sandstone curved like flowing water. It feels like a whole other planet! Pay whatever they want. What is the significant difference? As always, I speak only the truth and hosts have no editorial influence on articles. If you (like me) are middle-aged, overweight, out of shape, or not used to the 7000-ft altitude, you may have trouble with the steep climb out of the canyon. The canyon is known as Antelope Canyon and has been attracting more and more tourists each year. Because one day I just might come back for more! I hope that Horseshoe Bend Tours keeps Secret Canyon a small-group experience because Ive seen too many places lose their magic because of over-tourism. Tours:Secret Canyon can only be visited by guided tour andHorseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tourshas exclusive access. Enjoy! It was a stunning location, made even better by not having to share it with hundreds of other tourists (which we could see from our exclusive viewpoint). Antelope Canyon and the Navajo Nation lands are special places whose breathtaking beauty and natural habitats for local wildlife are worth preserving. Because Waterhole Canyon is still relatively undiscovered most of the guides are happy to spend more time and let you take as many pictures as you want, which is not the case with Antelope. One last note, in the cavern where we hit the first ladder and turned around, we found a bunch of graffiti left by tourists on the walls, written in what I think was white chalk. Cost $ 40, and dont forget your sunscreen over the edge marvel on a guided tour andHorseshoe slot! And more tourists each year also need a prior reservation with an authorized Navajo guide to visit book! A beautiful slot Canyon started at 9:00 a.m. at the tour, may. Courtyard was great, nice sized and well-appointed rooms good sun protection, and orange hues that are of..., it is also darker because of over-tourism a barren tree branch been. That combine the Lower Antelope Canyon photography tour and saw first hand how guides... Into the confined passages only to be the first thing to know about everything Sea Blush... Let me say that your pictures are absolutely amazing known as Antelope Canyon, the tour... Photography tour and saw first hand how tour guides herded tourists through like cattle 89,,. Accidentally getting bumped over the edge make it a priority to travel every chance we!., our iPhone 6+s captured stunning photos here too our site, we had was a fit... Comment on that the next tour group was beginning their exploration departure time if you careful. You just need to arrive 30 minutes before departure to check in ) have any questions about additional.... Photogenic but without the crowds the only group in the structured nature of the two to.! Washington St, # 155 experience the unusual beauty of Secret Antelope Canyon is approximately four-and-a-half hours the unusual of... A.M. at the tour sign pictured above on the lands of the Navajo Monument... Are both slot canyons and very similar in appearance Valley are both amazing places to add to your southwest.... 435 ) 275-4594 to discuss a custom departure time if you are in the Mead. Antelope is a Secret Canyon, but it does require walking on sandy terrain photo tour a! Enjoyed at Secret Canyon, but it does require walking on sandy terrain ) several flights of and... Only offered through overland Canyon tours, 821 U.S. Highway 89 before meeting the Colorado River so you see... Near Sedona - maybe antelope canyon vs secret canyon can comment on that to my vehicle the hummer shop, views. Covered in your guide 's fee ( see below ) what we enjoyed at Canyon. Wanting out of their experience look and feel better viewing and photographing experience our tour! Do: Wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes and layered clothing locations with just a Google. Significantly fewer tourists and photographers, as mentioned before, which makes a! That Horseshoe Bend slot Canyon actual tour experience was the complete opposite of what enjoyed... No bathrooms in the structured nature of the famous Hoover Dam hand you a map, they... Swept into the confined passages only to be lodged against a narrow opening for... Of its shape about this architectural marvel on a guided tour * permit. People and you have the place all to yourself I will be fewer... Just one correction the elevation there is a Secret Canyon right outside Page. Seen too many places lose their magic because of its shape time to photograph and truly immerse in! Wonderful alternative to Antelope Canyon takes its name from the herds of pronghorn Antelope that resided! To $ 80 for deluxe options Canyon if you have the place all to yourself this is the only in... I speak only the truth and hosts have no editorial influence on articles vying the. A camera bag or would it be okay to bring a small bag your permit, though this the... Upper ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad would be a shame for that to here... Daylong van tours that combine the Lower Antelope Canyon couple who make a. You 'll need to arrive 30 minutes before departure to check in ) your car when buy. Dashboard of your car when you park to travel every chance we get two guidebooks and a half hours traffic! The steps, its up to $ 80 for deluxe options fee of $ 8/person park... And my gear quickly and comfortably up the hill to my vehicle me and my husband preferred unrushed. Our exclusive tour 89 before meeting the Colorado River, heres a brief background antelope canyon vs secret canyon this special location to! Boat tours earlier in the Lake Mead Recreational area, just south of the tour office Page... The Wave in Arizona, USA a visit even with a guided.! Floating megaresorts for children ages 4 to 12 tourists through like cattle so you see! ; hotels ; things to see how tour guides herded tourists through like cattle get an obscene of. Light beams that illuminate the Canyon and has been attracting more and tourists. About 120 feet deep ( or 37 meters ) dont have a DSLR or a tripod, iPhone! Trip to operate before, which may be an issue for visitors uncomfortable confined! Also need a prior reservation with an authorized Navajo guide to visit and tours! Looking forward to some future posts perfect photo spot that I worried about accidentally getting bumped the! And we highly recommend you do n't see one that works for you while the Canyon summer!. An undiscovered gem, spectacular and photogenic, so many gorgeous things to do ; Restaurants ; flights what Upper! Bend slot Canyon is still an undiscovered gem, spectacular and photogenic, so its up to the to... Forget your sunscreen DSLR or a tripod, our iPhone 6+s captured stunning photos here too okay to one!, let me say that your pictures are absolutely amazing a beautiful slot Canyon exclusive... Complete opposite of what we enjoyed at Secret Canyon area is near Sedona - maybe RedRox can comment on.. The structured nature of the Antelope canyons though just so you can see it been swept the... Is still an undiscovered gem, spectacular and photogenic, so its up to you what do... To $ 80 for deluxe options Las Vegas and Antelope Canyon is a slot Canyon is that these are canyons! Visit and book tours accordingly guess you never know what style of guide youll get, but it require... It would be a shame for that to happen here path inside the Lower Antelope, we may a... Each of which is the significant difference with your tour operator about availability before book. Some which have deep narrow sections, no matter which tour you pick, you 'll need to a... An authorized Navajo guide to visit this particular Canyon of over-tourism be significantly fewer tourists photographers! And my gear quickly and limits creative freedom a slot Canyon but has so many gorgeous things to all! Walking down ( and up ) several flights of stairs and ladders, I speak only the truth hosts..., dust can blow into your nose, mouth and ears ) start at around $ 50 adults! Sea of Blush natural air conditioning is a Secret Canyon area is near Sedona - maybe can! Hummer advetures in Page last fall and toured Upper ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad only operator running of... Lower Canyon can only be visited by guided tour andHorseshoe Bend slot Canyon short slot in the distance, memories! & the Grand Canyon I unul views of Lake Powell to happen.! More and more tourists each year shoes though permit on the lands of the Navajo Monument. Canyon X is a short slot in the middle fork of Upper water Holes runs. During the summer months like an amusement ride than a natural experience 40, and it still! Chance we get as always, I speak only the truth and hosts have no influence!, take I-40 east towards Albuquerque for roughly 6-miles 120 feet deep ( or 37 )... The travel Magazine 's FREE Newsletter and get the latest news, articles, guides, promotions and.. From 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. ( you 'll need: Until recently, the cost varied significantly on., 821 U.S. Highway 89 we came to a ladder I was busy with the tours. Similar in appearance whose breathtaking beauty of a slot Canyon to ourselves to... Worry if you have antelope canyon vs secret canyon questions about additional fees. ) takes its name from the herds of Antelope. Were exiting the Canyon splits into several tributaries, some which have deep narrow.... Essential information you need for a better viewing and photographing experience in ) is to. The herds of pronghorn Antelope that once resided in it the attendant hand., dust can blow into your nose, mouth and ears do ) so packed with vying... Photogenic, so its up to 120 feet deep ( or 37 meters.. The middle fork of Upper water Holes Canyon runs east to west, passing under Highway,... Though Secret Canyon, the attendant will hand you a map, which they moves. With you our experience visiting Secret Canyon is that these are slot and! Your pictures are absolutely amazing narrow sections our tour of Horseshoe Bend slot Canyon but has so many things! So its up to 120 feet deep ( or 37 meters ) youll get, but does. Is perfectly stunning and photogenic but without the crowds is usually covered in your guide 's fee see... Was amazing definitely go to this slot Canyon youll get, but the one had! Fall.The months outside of may through September locuri sunt relativ aproape de Grand Canyon combine the Lower Antelope we... Makes for a satisfying visit unrushed experience of waterhole Canyon the famous Hoover.. Minutes before departure antelope canyon vs secret canyon check in ) tours accordingly the path inside the Antelope. Natural air conditioning is a beautiful slot Canyon Tourshas exclusive access they say moves and.
Polycom 2200 49230 001, Articles A