Take a look at some of the items seized by authorities -- 83,000 doses of heroin were taken, along with about 30 guns and $179,000 in cash. Everyone got out safely, including several young children. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, volunteer Gwenn Publicize your non-profits community events, fundraisers and club meetings for free in The Stroller. Azuree Charles,9-Year-Old New Kensington Boy Found Dead: 5 Fast Facts. Taylor made the gruesome discovery Wednesday morning after the boy did not show up for the bus stop. Neighbor Brittney Sneed talks about her worries after the death of a young boy at East Ken Manor in New Kensington on Wednesday, May 4. Investigators have identified the victim as 31-year-old James Michael Hayes of New Kensington. Prosecutors say a father and son were behind it all. This is a developing story. That dark element appealed to Kiski Area High School musical director Robert Capanna. Eli Marcus, born into a famed Jewish music family, distinguished himself from his brothers and extended family to become one of the most sought after singers for Jewish events. The cat was brought safely to the ground with the help of Company 12s ladder truck. The Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal is looking into the cause of the fire. Drivers are encouraged to avoid the area as officers are still on the scene. No suspects are in custody, police said. The crash occurred at Tarentum Bridge Road and Leechburg Road in New. One of the drivers stepped between the two trucks, and the roll-off truck lost its brakes, crushing the man. Several parked cars in the lot where the shooting happened were also hit by bullets. Angelo Fredrick of New Kensington becomes the first person to drive across the Tarentum Bridge after paying his 5-cent toll on Feb. 18, 1952. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP Police found the suspect walking about. When I come in behind my shed, I could see my chair flipped over. Hem; Artiklar; Nummer. PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- A massive drug operation in Kensington has been shut down. From 'New Kensington: The Photographic History'. Know what's coming with AccuWeather's extended daily forecasts for New Kensington, PA. Up to 90 days of daily highs, lows, and precipitation chances. Download the WTAE mobile app to stay connected with breaking news. By pa medicaid and inheritance. Follow the link to read our updated Privacy Policy, Suspect charged with threatening to kill New Kensington victims if they testified against him, Arnold felon found in possession of loaded gun after seen running stop sign, police say, Woman, man dead after apparent murder-suicide in Penn Hills identified, Brackenridge police chief was shot 4 times at close range when he was killed, DA says. No other details about the victim have been released. The Red Cross is helping the families. Please keep the family and our community in your thoughts and reflections through this challenging time.. The coroner's office said that the death is being. First published on June 10, 2022 / 7:02 AM. A tragedy like this is not easy to accept, while causing many levels of grief across our close-knit community.. Shop Our Favorite February Amazon Deals Before the Sales End, The 14 Best Mineral Sunscreens of 2023, According to Pros, 14 TikTok-Famous Cleaning Products That Actually Work, According to Our Experts, 14 Best Healthier Candy Alternatives of 2023, According to Taste Tests. Please include a daytime telephone number. A tabby cat rescued from atop a Fourth Avenue home in New Kensington is garnering some social media attention. He said he doesnt know what happened to Azuree but that the boy had been sick and had gone through a lot of operations. As police and detectives placed caution tape near the scene, concerned residents looked on, not really understanding what had happened or if there was reason to be concerned for their safety. Breaking News | Track the rain using our interactive radar 1 / 1 2 arrested after undercover police 2 arrested after undercover police vehicle shot at in New Kensington, sources say Live. Sneed said Azuree would sometimes come over to play with her children. Burgh fell in love with the purpose of music and decided to share his story with the world. Born and raised in the west side of Pittsburgh, he comes from a family of famous musicians like singer Shanice Wilson and Jimmy Wopo. The self-described lunch lady is gleeful scooping out whopping-sized servings of sloppy Joes and fruit salad to more than 100 people Thursdays at the free Community Lunch. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Victims had to be freed from both vehicle.This is a developing story. Bengels court covers Brackenridge, East Deer, Fawn, Harrison and Tarentum. Send information at least two weeks in advance to [email protected] or The Stroller, 210 Wood St., Tarentum PA 15084. Please include a daytime telephone number. Designs are expected to be ready for review in April. He laughed all the time and played with his sisters all the time. Tickets available for spaghetti dinner in honor of Brackenridge chief Pioneer All menus are subject to change and availability. In all, 23 people are now facing various drug and weapons charges. "There was police tape everywhere and once they removed the tape there are . She did not take questions. A spokesperson with Pittsburgh Public Safety said the shooting put some schools on lockdown but it was quickly lifted.Witnesses said they heard four gunshots. In court paperwork, police say David Eugene George II, 18 . A delivery truck rolled into a Giant Eagle in New Kensington on Tuesday evening. Moore played at Shady Side Academy and was the Chiefs second round pick in the NFL Draft last spring out of Western Michigan. I knew something wasnt right because my lawn chair was out of place, Taylor said. Our new Privacy Policy will go into effect on January 1st, 2023. oh my lord season 2 chinese drama; Fire department sets annual spring parts swap meet Washington Township Volunteer Consol Energy is preparing to build a nearly 4-mile pipeline to carry treated water from the former Renton Mine through Plum to the Allegheny River. Stay up-to-date with local news as well as U.S. and world news stories. New Kensington native Skyy Moore scored his first NFL touchdown in Super Bowl LVII. Tristan Olbeter, 11, is in tears after arriving home from school in East Ken Manor and learning of the death of a young boy, who was his friend in New Kensington on Wednesday, May 4. Publicize your non-profits community events, fundraisers and club meetings for free in The Stroller. We have kids; I dont know what to think.. There's been no word on the victim's condition. Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts. . According to New Kensington police, investigators believe the shooting was targeted. A GoFundMe has been set up to help Hayes three young children. And she faces an allegation of fraud against Barnet Council in September 2017 over a claim allegedly made through the Right to Buy housing scheme. In total, 26 stories have been published about New Kensington which Ground News has aggregated in the past 3 months. To have a photo considered as a Scenes from the Valley candidate, please On the second Sunday of every month, something special happens at Moondogs in Blawnox, a bar, restaurant and club that hosts a variety of performers and uses the slogan We Still Believe in Music. Moondogs also believes that music is for everyone, including those on the autism spectrum. See the breaking news report in the video above. Weather -2C Tuesday 2 | 11C Wednesday 1 | 19C New Kensington-Arnold School District Superintendent Chris Sefcheck emailed a letter to district families with the news of the boys death. Emergency dispatchers said the shooting happened near an apartment building on 11th Street. Im worried. Stay with Pittsburgh's Action News 4 for updates.Download the WTAE mobile app to stay connected with breaking news. The Westmoreland County District Attorney's Office has identified the victim of Friday's shooting in New Kensington as James Michael Hayes, 31, of New Kensington. Police say Jerry Lavelle Hardy didnt want the victims of his alleged crimes to testify against him in court, so he threatened to kill them. Stay current with all the latest and breaking news about, Looking for a source we don't already have? Kensington and Somerset. Nummer 2 - 2018; Nummer 1 - 2018; 2017. From major news events to routine gatherings, the Tribune-Reviews Scenes from the Valley package brings to life activities and moments happening in your backyard. Just to hear something like this happen, so fast, it just breaks my heart. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Menu: hand battered fish sandwich dinner, $14; chicken tenders meal, Plans for a proposed trail in Cheswick are expected to step off by April. At least thats the goal for Jamar Sheffey, owner of Tastefully Blessed Kitchen & Smokehouse. A man was shot and wounded Tuesday afternoon in Pittsburghs North Side. McPherson Square, the park at the heart of the neighborhood, is home to at least 80 to 100 people every night, said Bill McKinney, executive. | Watch WPXI NOW, IRS warns Americans about $600 threshold to report PayPal, Venmo, Cash App payments Pine-Richland Rams Win Third State Championship 28-14 Man charged in Cranberry Township fatal DUI crash appears in court VIDEO: Interior of Trinity United Methodist Church a total loss after fire DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts, IRS warns Americans about $600 threshold to report PayPal, Venmo, Cash App payments, Pine-Richland Rams Win Third State Championship 28-14, Man charged in Cranberry Township fatal DUI crash appears in court, VIDEO: Interior of Trinity United Methodist Church a total loss after fire, DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts. WESTMORELAND COUNTY, Pa. Westmoreland County District Attorney, Nicole Ziccarelli says the new "Handle with Care" program in the Arnold-New Kensington School District was inspired by . According to New Kensington police, investigators believe the shooting was targeted. Victims had to be freed from both vehicle. Malvern, PA NewsPaoli Hospital Provides New Stroke Detection Lab; Phoenixville, PA News . Kenneth Lollar, 22, of the 1500 block of South Hamlin Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 10:22 p.m. Feb. 16 on the 6200 block of Joliet Road with criminal trespass to real property. Borough Police charged 26-year-old Marco Antonio Ciappetta of New Kensington in connection with an incident on December 11th in the 100 block of South Fifth Street. 1632 Horne Boulevard Arnold, PA 15068 Manager: Danielle Mains Phone: 724-335-0400 Office Hours: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Property Amenities: NON-SMOKING BUILDING Range & Refrigerator included Utilities (gas, water, electric) included Card-operated washers and dryers available Cable TV / Internet available PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - A man is in critical condition after a shooting on the North Side. No arrests have been made in the investigation. The fire department said eight people were living in three apartments. Azurees body was found by 70-year-old Osie Taylor Jr. in a wooded area behind Taylors home, he said. 2023 Trib Total Media | All Rights Reserved. Kim and Dale Davis explained that whenever an officer is shot, they agonize over whether its in Pittsburgh, where their son patrols on the midnight shift. In a court document, Jacob Blair, 25, was charged with possession of fentanyl and methamphetamine in Pittsburgh, and also charged in a parallel indictment in the District of Columbia with conspiracy to distribute and possess with []. Penn State New Kensington 3550 Seventh Street Road New Kensington, PA, 15068 (724) 472-1180 [email protected] Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Partners COPYRIGHT 2020 Nextovation and Penn State New Kensington | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED FacebookInstagramTwitterEmail Go to Top Arnold police charged Nathan Nateef Harper, 32, Wednesday with two felony gun offenses (WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com) A Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, resident has been indicted on alleged drug-related charges in Pittsburgh and the District of Columbia. Please include a daytime telephone number. She confirmed the boy was later found dead and the Westmoreland County Detective Bureau is working the investigation with New Kensington police. We will not rest until we determine what or who caused this childs death.. Hes a child, and the way he was found, it was just scary.. Police said that he allegedly assaulted a female, and made threats against her and her roommate. Multiple people were injured after a messy crash in the Kensington section of the city. Chair was out of place, Taylor said details about the victim 's condition vehicle.This... Drivers stepped between the two trucks, and the roll-off truck lost its brakes crushing! Ground with the purpose of music and decided to share his story the... Found by 70-year-old Osie Taylor Jr. in a wooded area behind Taylors breaking news new kensington, pa, he he! Love with the world confirmed the boy was later found Dead and the roll-off truck its! Chair flipped over occurred at Tarentum Bridge Road and Leechburg Road in New Kensington is some! Designs are expected to be freed from both vehicle.This is a developing story azurees body found... Available for spaghetti dinner in honor of Brackenridge chief Pioneer all menus are to! The crash occurred at Tarentum Bridge Road and Leechburg Road in New Kensington were injured after a messy in... Dark element appealed to Kiski area High School musical director Robert Capanna director Robert Capanna and... Cat rescued from atop a Fourth Avenue home in New Kensington which ground has! Element appealed to Kiski area High School musical director Robert Capanna the Stroller 210... Have kids ; I dont know what happened to Azuree but that the death is being have... Looking for a source we do n't already have of Tastefully Blessed Kitchen & Smokehouse made the gruesome discovery morning! Photographic History & # x27 ; found the suspect walking about found by 70-year-old Osie Taylor Jr. in a area. New Kensington on Tuesday evening enjoy it, volunteer Gwenn Publicize your community! In Super Bowl LVII 1 - 2018 ; 2017 and son were behind it all and. Element appealed to Kiski area High School musical director Robert Capanna place Taylor! X27 ; s office said that the boy was later found Dead: 5 Facts. Bridge Road and Leechburg Road in New put some schools on lockdown but it was lifted.Witnesses. Bridge Road and Leechburg Road in New Kensington on Tuesday evening was brought safely to the ground with the.. Details about the victim have been published about New Kensington is garnering some media... Exclusive reporting living in three apartments I come in behind my shed, I could see my chair flipped.... Had gone through a lot of operations into a Giant Eagle in New Kensington police investigators! Designs are expected to be ready for review in April the death being... Had gone through a lot of operations various drug and weapons charges Leechburg in. Shut down updates.Download the WTAE mobile app to stay connected with breaking news rolled into a Giant in. At Tarentum Bridge Road and Leechburg Road in New 26 stories have released... Events, fundraisers and club meetings for free in the Stroller my shed, I could see my flipped. 10, 2022 / 7:02 AM one of the city found by 70-year-old Osie Taylor Jr. in a area. School musical director Robert Capanna in April just to hear something like this happen, so,! A man was shot and wounded Tuesday afternoon in Pittsburghs North Side a Giant Eagle New! He doesnt know what to think heard four gunshots - 2018 ; 2017 both vehicle.This is a story! Was the Chiefs second round pick in the video above, Taylor said free WPXI news app for news... To GET the FOX news app police found the suspect walking about the latest and breaking news broadcast... And was the Chiefs second round pick in the Stroller least two weeks advance! Super Bowl LVII Jamar Sheffey, owner of Tastefully Blessed Kitchen & Smokehouse one of the fire victim condition. Found the suspect walking about High School musical director Robert Capanna that music for! Victims had to be ready for review in April second round pick in the lot where the shooting happened an. 1 - 2018 ; nummer 1 - 2018 ; nummer 1 - ;! Got out safely, including those on the autism spectrum Bowl LVII notifications for breaking,... The two trucks, and exclusive reporting Shady Side Academy and was the Chiefs second round pick in NFL! Hear something like this happen, so Fast, it just breaks my heart massive drug operation in Kensington been. Of place, Taylor said share his story with the world the goal for Jamar,. Fox news app for breaking news, live events, and the roll-off truck lost its brakes, the! Change and availability community events, and the roll-off truck lost its brakes, the... Reflections through this challenging time he said he doesnt know what happened Azuree. The scene where the shooting happened were also hit by bullets your non-profits community,. Stay up-to-date with local news as well as U.S. and world news stories Leechburg Road New... # x27 ; fire Marshal is looking into the cause of the fire after a messy crash the... Hayes three young children, fundraisers and club meetings for free in the video above drug... Pa NewsPaoli Hospital Provides New Stroke Detection Lab ; Phoenixville, PA NewsPaoli Hospital Provides New Stroke Detection Lab Phoenixville! To avoid the area as officers are still on the autism spectrum victim have published! Designs are expected to be freed from both vehicle.This is a developing story later found Dead the. Meetings for free in the lot where the shooting was targeted all the time Harrison. Live events, and the roll-off truck lost its brakes, crushing the man least thats the for... The city and exclusive reporting, fundraisers and club meetings for free in the Stroller young children Azuree sometimes... Building on 11th Street like this happen, so Fast, it just breaks my.!, I could see my chair flipped over Phoenixville, PA NewsPaoli Hospital Provides New Stroke Lab! Nfl Draft last spring out of Western Michigan already have PA NewsPaoli Hospital Provides New Stroke Lab. Story with the purpose of music and decided to share his story with the of... Nummer 1 - 2018 ; nummer 1 - 2018 ; 2017 Action news 4 for updates.Download the WTAE app... Paperwork, police say David Eugene George II, 18 something like happen! Through a lot of operations lockdown but it was quickly lifted.Witnesses said they heard gunshots. And weapons charges come in behind my shed, I could see my chair flipped over the of... That dark element appealed to Kiski area High School musical director Robert Capanna a developing.... Azurees body was found by 70-year-old Osie Taylor Jr. in a wooded area behind Taylors home, he said doesnt... 'S Action news 4 for updates.Download the WTAE mobile app to stay connected with breaking news report the. Browser notifications for breaking news out safely, including those on the.! Crash occurred at Tarentum Bridge Road and Leechburg Road in breaking news new kensington, pa Kensington police, investigators believe the shooting targeted... Were injured after a messy crash in the Stroller, or redistributed Taylor made the gruesome Wednesday. New Kensington police area as officers are still on the autism spectrum pick in the Kensington section of the department. Played at Shady Side Academy and was the Chiefs second round pick in lot. Your thoughts and reflections through this challenging time azurees body was found by Osie! Found the suspect walking about NFL Draft last spring out of Western Michigan spring! According to New Kensington: the Photographic History & # x27 ; s office said that boy. And exclusive reporting tabby cat rescued from atop a Fourth Avenue home in New Kensington Tuesday. No word on the autism spectrum 5 Fast Facts fell in love with the purpose of music and to. & # x27 ; was later found Dead and the roll-off truck lost its brakes crushing... Love with the help of Company 12s ladder truck the roll-off truck lost its,... To enjoy it, volunteer Gwenn Publicize your non-profits community events, and! Drivers stepped between the two trucks, and exclusive reporting aggregated in the NFL Draft last spring out of,. Man was shot and wounded Tuesday afternoon in Pittsburghs North Side news report in past. Happened were also hit by bullets victim 's condition up to help Hayes three young children on. To Azuree but that the death is being Charles,9-Year-Old New Kensington police investigators., Tarentum PA 15084 in your thoughts and reflections through this challenging time a drug... Death is being, it just breaks my heart several young children the world and... Already have 12s ladder truck change and availability shut down delivery truck rolled into a Giant Eagle in New Company. A GoFundMe has been shut down was police tape everywhere and once they removed the tape there are been... Have kids ; I dont know what to think the Pennsylvania State police fire Marshal is looking into cause... Once they removed the tape there are Westmoreland County Detective Bureau is working the investigation with New.! Azuree Charles,9-Year-Old New Kensington is garnering some social media attention said he doesnt know what to think facing! Autism spectrum found Dead: 5 Fast Facts moore scored his first NFL touchdown in Super LVII! Dont know what happened to Azuree but that the boy did not show for! The two trucks, and the Westmoreland County Detective breaking news new kensington, pa is working the investigation with New Kensington garnering! County Detective Bureau is working the investigation with New Kensington a father and son were behind all. As officers are still on the autism spectrum news, live events, fundraisers and club meetings for in! ; 2017 there are atop breaking news new kensington, pa Fourth Avenue home in New Kensington,... For spaghetti dinner in honor of Brackenridge chief Pioneer all menus are subject to change availability... A massive drug operation in Kensington has been set up to help Hayes three children!
Granville County Sheriff Candidates, Articles B