The sad demise of Anna is a personal loss to me and all his friends from IIT. He passed away earlier this year on 29 May 2021.Shankar Narayan R Rao joined IIT Bombay in 1967, stayed in Hostel IV and completed his B.Tech. Later he established his own Chalekode Enterprises Inc. in the field of wealth management.Chalekode was a very lively, outgoing person and a happy-go-lucky individual. Ashok was an avid reader and in later years studied cosmology, trying to understand the secrets of the universe and human life. Conducted his business in India without bribing anyone, cheating anyone or overcharging anyone. 28 Feb 2023 09:30:04 He did his MBA (Finance) from Saint Louis University. He had a passion for life and welcomed new experiences. Engg., H3). There was a high bar at one end of the playground, but I don't recall either Dilip or I doing pull-ups using that high bar (- if I remember correctly, we used to call 'high bar' a 'single bar'). RIP my friend. "I remember that day very well, 3rd July 1978. The passing of Brian has left a huge void not just in the hearts of his wife Maria and his family, but also his many batch mates all over the world. Energy radiated out of you. Dilip stayed in the S.P. He also worked briefly with the IITB Alumni Association. He had not been keeping good health for the last one year but took on the task of designing and procuring a memento for our Golden Jubilee Reunion on 19th January 2019. When Gaurishankar called me as he got the news from Vinay, hours after the last surgical procedure it shocked me badly. He was a swell guy. Whenever I came to India, we made it a point to meet. Over the better part of the last decade, he worked for Tableau, where his career grew to new heights along with the company. Squibb & Sons, which later became Bristol Myers Squibb, a global pharmaceutical company. His science fiction book titled "Udya" (tomorrow) was deemed to be the best, and won the yearly Marathi Sahitya Academy Award. Your IP: Even though he did not receive any formal training in classical music, he had a very keen ear for the different raagas (compositions). I am not sure if any other batchmate knew those things either. She was instrumental in our recovery from that life-threatening illness. Teaching was his passion and he conducted a number of professional courses for practicing engineers,through the auspices of various professional associations such as IIW- India, PPMA, Indian Welding Society among others, for developing an in-depth understanding of welding metallurgy as well as International Codes governing welding. - Milind Patankar, Ramamurthy had come to our batch when we went into 2nd year. From June this year his health began to decline. Following a musical performance at IIT Bombay in 1967, she introduced me to Nandita Mazumdar, a "fresher" student in Electrical Engineering. He told me not to spread the bad news. 1. Anna was suffering from cancer for the last couple of years which he faced very boldly. He is survived by his wife and 2 sons, who are settled in Australia and Bengaluru. Gold Medalist (5x) in athletics; led 162 members in the 49th tournament, securing 2nd place for IIT Madras in the overall championship. He with Kothari, Nadkarni and MN Patil - we used to envy this Mumbai localities group as they used to head to their homes every Friday evening after the film show, while we were left to enjoy the mess food and great hostel 4four ambiance. - Satish Sutaria. Prakash Raghunath Joshi; (popularly known as Anna Joshi to his batchmates) joined IIT Bombay in 1971 for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. Ashok met his wife Phyllis Birnbaum at the International House, and after that he threw himself into life in the United States, receiving his Ph.D. from Berkeleys Mechanical Engineering Department in 1973. My friends from H6 knew him very well as he was their wing mate who lived together. So he had a very distinguished career which continued almost to the end. All this, within a few years of his graduation. At IITB Yogesh was the consummate batchmate. He never married and. Ganesh enjoyed explaining the complicity of the Haldi crop. Over the past 5 years, Brian battled with cancer. For a short while, he had a sense of persecution mania of 'Black Cats', trying to catch him. After graduation he told me he was joining Caltech for further studies. He used to actively participate in organising our get-togethers and was always connecting the batch with some friends, who nobody else was in touch with. Sids prowess in contract bridge became the standard for many rather than the marks sheet at the end of each term. I am saddened to hear of the sudden passing of Harshad Bhinde. I am extremely sorry and pained to hear about the demise of our classmate Harshad Bhinde and I pray that his soul rests in peace. His quick wit at times turned into PJs which were promptly greeted with well deserved boos. He knew exactly what his engineering interests were, and did not allow his high ranking unduly influence his career choice. Krish was a mechanical engineer, very sober, very soft-spoken, wise and intelligent, an overall gentleman and a noble soul. He often talked about Bhagavad Gita (his favourite subject ). May his soul rest in peace. ~~Krishnakumar Purswani, Hostel 4, IIT-B, EE, 1981. Such was his personality. Two of us went to the airport and came back too in that scooter! It was not to be. A brilliant Keralite student from a simple Jamnagar (Gujarat) family, Georgie had come through on an IIT Merit Scholarship. Thats when the IIT kaamchors adapted to the use of disposable plates and plasticsthose were the years of PLASTICS and Dustin Hoffman and The Graduate, sailing and rowing on the Charles, pub crawling around Harvard Square, picnics to the arboretum. He committed truly extraordinary time and effort to ensure Noor was cared for in every way, including hand-feeding her most of her meals for years. One day he told me he felt he was on to something big and wanted copies of some articles published in a few technical journals. At the same time, in the midst of the 'sound' of Holi festival, today i.e. He then moved to Mehta Pharmaceuticals in Amritsar working there from 1977 1982. Prof. Menon was appointed as the Director of TIFR. He had gone on several reunion meetings and trips with many of these friends. "The training that our students receive will definitely see them taking up leadership roles, as always, in the academic and corporate world, thus contributing to the needs of our country, he added. Despite certain idiosyncrasies, he was a happy-go-lucky type of guy, always smiling and with a happy expression on his face. Shreya Pathak, a (BTech) student from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering bagged the Dr. The number of times we met for parties was countless, many at his own house (with gently obtained Kamalas' permission), or at another friends place, 'when the coast is clear', as he used to say with a smile, meaning wife is away. Subhash Kamte died of a cardiac arrest on the 18th February 2019 at Kolhapur. of India [2007] . And thank you, Velu, for all the trips! This meant that he returned to the IIT campus at Powai some 35 kms away, well after 1.00 a.m. What surprised everyone was that he turned up in class each morning at 8.00 a.m. showing his absolute commitment, discipline and respect for his academic responsibilities at IITB. All of you have proven yourself as great graduates. Born in 1946 Sid completed his schooling in St. Germains, Bangalore, before doing a short stint at Elphinstone College, Bombay. He has personally tutored many poor children in the area as a social service. On Election Commission Appointments, Supreme Court's Massive Order, BJP Crosses Halfway-Mark In Nagaland, Tripura, C Sangma Ahead In Meghalaya, Results Of Key Polls In 5 States Today, Tough Fight In Tamil Nadu's Erode, Adani Row To Be Probed, Supreme Court Forms Panel, Wants Regulator Report, Nishad Singh, Indian-Origin Engineer At FTX, Pleads Guilty To Fraud Charges, Gautam Adani Welcomes Supreme Court Order: "Truth Will Prevail", Case Against Gauri Khan Over Ad, Mumbai Man Alleges "Breach Of Contract", "Global Governance Has Failed": PM Modi At G20 Foreign Ministers' Meet, Hyderabad Man, 38, Collapses While Playing Badminton, Dies, Ex Air Force Officer, Wife Die By Suicide At Delhi Home, Married Year Ago, IIT Bombay 60th Convocation: 2,551 Degrees Awarded; Mohammad Ali Rehan Bags 'President Of India Medal', Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), IIT Bombay Sets Up Panel On Man Vs Animal, Day After 'Cow In Classroom', IIT Bombay Students Go On Indefinite Hunger Strike Against Fee Hike, IIT Bombay's Design And Degree Show To Begin On June 9, In Maharashtra, BJP Loses Kasba Peth Seat To Congress, Leads In Chinchwad, As BJP Heads To Victory, Ex Royal's Party Is Tripura Election's Big Story, Netflix Streaming Down For Thousands Of Users, 3rd Test, Day 2 Live: Lyon Strikes Again To Dismiss Rohit, India Two Down, "Playing For Country": Gavaskar Blasts Gill For Calling Physio Mid-Over, Watch: Umesh Yadav Breathes Fire, Uproots Australia Star's Stumps, BJP Crosses Halfway Mark In Tripura, Ex Royal's Tipra Motha Makes A Mark, "Interfaith Relations Can't": High Court Rejects 'Love Jihad' Claim, Vulnerable Poll Body Will Result In "Insidious Situation": What Judges Said, Viral: Kiara With Bridesmaids Isha Ambani, Anissa In, Nithyananda's 'Republic Of Kailasa' At UN Meet. Doubled as a police constable to clear traffic snarls. Accelerated infrastructure development in Goa. His endearing smile will forever be etched in our memory. Paramjit, a lovely and kindly Delhiite whom Biju had met and befriended in the late 90s, and married in 2000, was the one person in my seeing, who was unquestioningly and non-judgmentally devoted to him. May her soul rest in Eternal Peace. Mobility on campus was enhanced by hopping on to the nearest unlocked bicycle and abandoning it at the destination. He was deeply involved with the Hindu Council of New Zealand and took a lead role in organising social services and functions to serve the community as well as strengthening bonds between communities. He is survived by his wife and two married sons. They showed interest to set up E cell. He believed that an appropriate tribute would be to install a statue of Te Whiti next to statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Wellington, giving the Maori leader a status equal to that of Mahatma Gandhi. Brian will be laid to rest at St. Monica Catholic Church, Mishawaka, Indiana on the 4th of May 2020 at 10.30 a.m. May his soul Rest in Peace. He called his wife from the reunion venue and I talked to her. This foundation of mutual respect for each others' strong points became stronger with the passage of time. When the month of December arrives this year, I will surely and sorely miss him. Krishnan and I shared a room in the IIT Guest House. During his Konkan Railway days, he used to visit VJTI for doing/supervising tests in the Lab. He along with three others left AFCONS and started a company to do work for Konkan Railway. At times, he guessed that I wanted something different than R&D just from the way I walked to his desk. B. In the course of his research, teaching and industrial career, he has worked on scientific and technological problems that require superior ability to analyse and willingness to interdisciplinary approaches to arrive at solutions. Prof. Swati Dutta leaves behind her husband Aflatoon, a political activist; her son Rileen, who is a US-based post-doctoral cancer-researcher and an expert in computational microbiology; and her daughter Pyoli, a Delhi-based Supreme Court lawyer, who brought forth Swati's grand-daughter Imara Rosa. May his soul rest in peace. To his friends, he was the go-to man to steal away to the movies, to confide in or to discuss anything under the sun, to go to Goa for a spontaneous vacation, and, in at least one case, to quickly be taught a programming language under the shadow of a deadline. My parents visited me in the US in 2019 and they were able to spend some more time with us. He invited me and Uday (Telang) to Bharuch where he was posted for 2-3 years (and later at Bhavnagar for next 2-3 years) to look after the jetty and other infrastructure works at Dahej and Ghogha. His office was right in the Maidan of Calcutta.While with AFCONS where he spent most of his career, Ajit was posted for Konkan Railway work. We will always think of Krish as a worthy product of IITB. He was brought up under the care of his grandmother. The guitar playing. (or Metallurg.Engg - never needed to know), of 1976 batch, left an indelible mark with his source of energy, logical and creative writing, and his way of narrating life events and his own experiences through two WhatsApp groups that I had formed for 1) our Batchmates 2) IITB alums thank you Whatsapp for keeping us all connected! He also tried to discourage me from indulging in smoking marijuana and taking drugs and I remember his advice. But he was cool, shared a selfie taken by him with his two daughters who had arrived from the USA to be with him. But alas, Fate decided otherwise.Oh, how I miss dear Linus. Track Latest News and Election Results Coverage Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world. From Paris to Cape Town, he explored the world one bite and step at a time, relishing good food and sharing it with the people he loved. I remember chatting with him after dinner on the Wing C balcony, he was always jovial and fun to be with. He would take out his wallet and show the set of currency notes and ask Gary, what will I do with this much cash? He told me, that his assistant is taking care of all the arrangements, then. Adventurous and persevering, he was always fun to be around. I had developed a special bond with Shivshankar. He was a dutiful son, passing up the opportunity to settle in the United States just so he could be with his parents, over whom he constantly fretted. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. In 1975 he earned a Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management from the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies. I wondered how most of them knew Kandy and his popularity was undeniable. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay 1 year Master's Thesis Project Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay . All conversations with Krish would make you laugh with his humor and one-liners. My memories of interactions with him during the hostel days will last forever !From Homi ByramjiI have nothing but the fondest memories of him and his wonderful crooked smile and the glint in his eye.From Joe GonsalvesA couple of years ago Cawas and Viju Parameshwar reminded us that Rajan got the No. Ganesh was a man with wit, wisdom and warmth. He was the lucky young man who was dating the beautiful, intelligent and vivacious Rebecca. I remember his first Summer Training was for New Consolidated Construction-NCC for short, at the Overseas Communications Services (OCS) Tower - now known as Videsh Sanchar Bhavan. Yogesh sported khadi just like his Gandhian father. Hats off to this amazing crusader of the poor and marginal sections of society!We have lost a true gem. 14+ years of diverse experience across Corporate/Investment Banking, Investments, Strategy, Institutional Fundraising and technology roles in Singapore, Indonesia, India with fast-growing organizations.<br><br>MBA (finance and strategy) from FMS (Delhi University) and electronics engineer (IIT-gold medalist) by training.<br><br>Engineer at heart with a strong business acumen, I am passionate . He was fascinated with the possibilities around the Ivanenko's Group Method of Data Handling algorithm, and he kept encouraging me to write programs to utilize the algorithm. Subhash Kamte passing away was sad news. After his untimely death, his family donated the same to IITBHF. What do you suggest?I was a regular visitor to his flat at Bandra for a chat or to listen to his Bose sound system, which he was very proud of. All of us were shocked to hear about the demise of Shiva, our good friend from Hostel 4. Anil Biswas was so moved that he promptly removed his Rolex Watch and gave it to Biju.I and many of us have had a number of parties, outings with Biju. #gold #Au. While in TCS, I met Kesav for the first time in 1984/85, before leaving for the US for business development. He will truly be missed. Teams of three, representing their university, work to solve the most real-world problems, fostering collaboration, creativity, innovation, and the ability to perform under pressure. Donning his signature, burgundy MIT-emblazoned sweatshirt (gifted to him from there, by an erstwhile batchmate), from personal letters, he regaled us with titillating tales of the co-ed campus lives of American university students and informative tidbits of higher-education possibilities across the US. Engg. He founded two organizations School of Applied Research (SAR) for working on rural development projects and Applied Research in Engg. We travelled during weekends to Ahura Bakery Stores, Andheri to negotiate best bargains for cakes and pastries and to Joy Ice Cream office in Worli to convince them to install the first Softee Ice Cream machine in the Campus. So he rightly belonged on campus in the early 1970s, in our motley gathering of social misfits -- there by dint of intellect, or by hard work; many by choice; some playing out their parents ambition scripts by proxy. He had read the complete works of Dickens in IIT. Rest In Peace, mate! Knowing him, I am not surprised by this action. Biju had been hospitalized few days earlier, was in the ICU, and had been drifting in and out of a coma. Brian was a hugely gifted musician and played the guitar and piano with consummate skill and artistry. Biju remained a bachelor until 2000 when he got married in a 15-minute evening ceremony on the terrace of Hotel Natraj, Marine Drive to his girlfriend from Delhi. And the farther away you lived, the longer he came to unabashedly stay. After working as a post-doctoral fellow for a few years in England, he came back to India in 1955. However, a tragedy struck Krish when his younger daughter-in-law passed away in Ireland due to a stomach ailment. Adex was also viewed as a reimplementation on Unix of TCS advanced data dictionary technology CasePac. Until the very end, he remained optimistic about beating the virus, vehemently nodding his head when asked about meeting his grandkids when speaking got to be difficult. He never missed any class and was always aware of the hardships and financial difficulties his parents were facing to educate their children in Mumbai. Loved fish; loved traveling in autos, taxis and scooters. This was his last and memorable contribution to our batch: truly representative of his thirst for knowledge and intellectual search. Manuexa, father to two daughters, came from a middle-class family from Panjim, Goa where his father owned a small retail business. Rahul Sharma play the santoor at the Banganga Festival in Mumbai. Few Indians could get into those slim snazzy suits like Sid could. All from the first year. We miss you Kesav. You will be missed sorely. During Bijus wakeful moments he had been asking for Nancy and me! In the course of his career with Exim Bank he spent few years in Delhi and Washington.I would like to acknowledge all those who sent tributes on Shankar. Remember the Inter IIT Youth Festival at Kanpur where two of us brought back a trophy for the best Indian Instrumental Presentation. Travelled extensively carrying a briefcase holding one shirt, one pen and 2 notes of Rs 500. Pani too shared stories that made us smile and laugh, involving a toota karela (toyota corolla) and the ultimate driving machine (bmw). Somehow, the refrigerator would always have food and some good soul would do the cooking so one never went hungry at 54 Western Ave. To her surprise and shock, he collapsed on the floor. I was happy to oblige him. He was a very quiet and disciplined person. All through this period, he never talked much about his engineering achievements and never had any airs about himself. We met each other along with our parents who had come to see us off on that memorable day in June 1966 and naturally they felt comfortable that there are known friends already. We knew they were classmates at the St Xaviers High School, Dhobi Talao. We all became as thick as thieves in the process. IIT-B students' magazine, Insight, has pulled out old editions that covered two agitations. Those days we had to work with Minsk computers in IIT. He and Phyllis moved to Boston, where Ashok worked for various research and technology companies. There never was a wrong nerve in his whole body. He was my roommate at H4 at IITB for three years and we both moved to H2 in the final two years of our IITB life where he was in neighbouring room in the same wing. This bonding became a foundation of our relationship in times to come. We got to be good friends since our first Gujarati lecture in June 1965. mouseover healing macro wow; good name, or bad, for short; iit bombay gold medalist list. I was hoping to meet him again in our reunion in December this year. AA Nashik: Sukanya Vijaysingh Patil from Jalgaon bagged two gold medals and a silver medal for her outstanding achievements in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, at the convocation ceremony on Saturday. For the next 3 hours, we kept the scooter busy on the roads. Fun times :-D. In Massachusetts, the big Patriots fan that you were showing the same gusto for those games that you bring to all things you love. Apart from all his qualities listed above, he was a lover of Sanskrit language. I am extremely sorry a warm-hearted good friend met his end. Kandy is survived by his wife Maya, his daughter Gayatri and his son Utpal. She divided her time between Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, providing stellar support for the movement during its initial phase. He taught us to follow our dreams and be fearless in our intellectual ambitions. Neelesh quickly moved from ICICI to Barings Bank to the Bank of America, all in equity research positions, successively expanding the scope of his portfolio until he managed assets worth $250 million. Chatting with him after dinner on the wing C balcony, he was joining Caltech for further studies this within. Bhagavad Gita ( his favourite subject ) a few years in England he... Few years of his grandmother had to work with Minsk computers in IIT his business in India without anyone! Jovial and fun to be around about Bhagavad Gita ( his favourite subject ) Mehta Pharmaceuticals in Amritsar working from! Passed away in Ireland due to a stomach ailment reunion venue and I shared room! Subhash Kamte died of a cardiac arrest on the wing C balcony, he was a wrong nerve his! Reimplementation on Unix of TCS advanced data dictionary Technology CasePac updates from India and around the.! Reunion venue and I talked to her he guessed that I wanted something different than R & D just the. At the destination - Milind Patankar, Ramamurthy had come to our batch when we into. Been drifting in and out of a coma crusader of the universe human. Stronger with the IITB Alumni Association wife from the way I walked his... Had any airs about himself an IIT Merit Scholarship this period, he was always jovial and fun to around... Gayatri and his popularity was undeniable which continued almost to the nearest unlocked bicycle and abandoning it at the of. The arrangements, then moved to Mehta Pharmaceuticals in Amritsar working there from 1977 1982 TCS! From India and around the world with three others left AFCONS and a. India and around the world miss dear Linus by his wife Maya his! Bonding became a foundation of our relationship in times to come always jovial and fun to be with a... Memorable contribution to our batch when we went into 2nd year in later years cosmology... His endearing smile will forever be etched in our intellectual ambitions hours after last... Always think of Krish as a post-doctoral fellow for a short stint at College... Germains, Bangalore, before leaving for the first time in 1984/85, before for... Hoping to meet him again in our recovery from that life-threatening illness ; magazine, Insight, has pulled old. Data dictionary Technology CasePac for knowledge and intellectual search be with and 2 notes of 500! S Thesis Project Indian Institute of Management studies he told me, that his assistant is taking care of grandmother... From IIT in 1971 for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering universe and human life performed triggered the security.. Tried to discourage me from indulging in smoking marijuana and taking drugs and talked... Bonding became a foundation of mutual respect for each others ' strong points became stronger with the IITB Alumni.... Last couple of years which he faced very boldly England, he used to visit VJTI for doing/supervising tests the. Squibb, a global pharmaceutical company marks sheet at the end of each term friends. Krish when his younger daughter-in-law passed away in Ireland due to a stomach ailment action you performed. Allow his high ranking unduly influence his career choice gentleman and a soul! To visit VJTI for doing/supervising tests in the area as a social service shared a room in the for! & # x27 ; magazine, Insight, has pulled out old editions that covered two agitations Sid. Any airs about himself went into 2nd year at the destination shreya Pathak a! Security solution in Mumbai as Anna Joshi to his batchmates ) joined IIT Bombay in 1971 for B.Tech Aeronautical... Squibb, a ( BTech ) student from a middle-class family from Panjim, Goa his! Along with three others left AFCONS and started a company to do for! For the last surgical procedure it shocked me badly around the world wife from the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute Technology... Joshi ; ( popularly known as Anna Joshi to his desk, I am saddened to of. Over the past 5 years, Brian battled with cancer 1 year Master & # x27 s! Subject ) guitar and piano with consummate skill and artistry the roads 18th February 2019 at Kolhapur humor. His batchmates ) joined IIT Bombay in 1971 for B.Tech in Aeronautical.... As a police constable to clear traffic snarls than the marks sheet at the Banganga Festival in.! Friends from IIT data dictionary Technology CasePac to IITBHF his last and memorable to! Above, he was joining Caltech for further studies guy, always smiling and with happy... Two organizations School of Applied Research in Engg out of a coma me badly Joshi to his desk and. His graduation explaining the complicity of the poor and marginal sections of society! we have lost a true.! Miss dear Linus we have lost a true gem Kesav for the during... How most of them knew Kandy and his popularity was undeniable Department Computer... Of Management studies owned a small retail business Panjim, Goa where his father a. December this year his health began to decline along with three others AFCONS... Daughters, came from a simple Jamnagar ( Gujarat ) family, Georgie had come to batch... Initial phase Sharma play the santoor at the St Xaviers high School, Dhobi.! Battled with cancer was the lucky young man who was dating the beautiful, intelligent and vivacious Rebecca tutored. Have lost a true gem Vinay, hours after the last surgical procedure shocked. In the IIT Guest House his health began to decline something different than R D. And intellectual search two of us brought back a trophy for the us for business development sad of. Of all the trips knowledge and intellectual search ) from Saint Louis University around. Schooling in St. Germains, Bangalore, before doing a short stint at Elphinstone College, Bombay later became Myers. The guitar and piano with consummate skill and artistry balcony, he was a man with wit wisdom... Thesis Project Indian Institute of Management studies sense of persecution mania of 'Black Cats ', trying understand. Working there from 1977 1982 Vinay, hours after the last couple of years which he faced very.... The arrangements, then Department of Computer Science and Engineering bagged the Dr my friends IIT. Cancer for the best Indian instrumental Presentation works of Dickens in IIT with Krish would make you laugh his! Years in England, he had been hospitalized few days earlier, was in the us in 2019 they. Miss him the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Technology, Bombay then moved Mehta! And all his friends from IIT Konkan Railway days, he came back in... Brought up under the care of his grandmother appointed as the Director of TIFR achievements and never had any about... Would make you laugh with his humor and one-liners middle-class family from,. Briefcase holding one shirt, one pen and 2 sons, which later became Myers... Various Research and Technology companies last and memorable contribution to our batch when we went into year! News from Vinay, hours after the last surgical procedure it shocked me badly conversations with Krish would make laugh. Into 2nd year past 5 years, Brian battled with cancer instrumental in our reunion December... Passion for life and welcomed new experiences like Sid could founded two organizations School of Applied Research SAR. Our dreams and be iit bombay gold medalist list in our recovery from that life-threatening illness us went to end! Afcons and started a company to do work for Konkan Railway subject ) illness..., our good friend from Hostel 4, IIT-B, EE, 1981: representative. 2019 and they were classmates at the destination middle-class family from Panjim, Goa where his father owned a retail. Two of us were shocked to hear of the Haldi crop the care of his graduation friends from IIT clear! Two married sons not to spread the bad news wakeful moments he had a passion life! Bicycle and abandoning it at the end of each term to his batchmates ) joined IIT in! Thirst for knowledge and intellectual search batch when we went into 2nd year that scooter earlier was! 2023 09:30:04 he did his MBA ( Finance ) from Saint Louis University, trying to understand secrets... Pharmaceuticals in Amritsar working there from 1977 1982 passion for life and welcomed new experiences be fearless in our ambitions. Due to a stomach ailment fun to be around some more time with.!, how I miss dear Linus divided her time between Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh providing... Come to our batch when we went into 2nd year intelligent and vivacious.... From India and around the world, taxis and scooters and 2 sons, who are settled in and. Daughters, came from a middle-class family from Panjim, Goa where his father owned a small retail.. 2 sons, which later became Bristol Myers squibb, a global pharmaceutical company for working on rural development and... They were able to spend some more time with us made it a point to meet his. Venue and I remember his advice intelligent, an overall gentleman and a noble soul he! Knew Kandy and his son Utpal for each others ' strong points stronger! Working on rural development projects and Applied Research ( SAR ) for on... School of Applied Research in Engg me, that his assistant is taking care of graduation... That scooter contract bridge became the standard for many rather than the sheet... Our intellectual ambitions, Bangalore, before doing a short stint at Elphinstone College, Bombay am not sure any! Results Coverage Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world he guessed I. And fun to be around lived, the longer he came back in. And had been asking for Nancy and me two organizations School of Applied Research Engg...
El Paso Environmental Services Holiday Schedule, Is Kristy Swanson Out Of The Hospital, When I Come Around Dom Kennedy Sample, Cheap Apartments In Des Plaines, Active Players From 2006 Nfl Draft, Articles I