The range of the wifi on the Sagemcom is also terrible, doesn't even reach my living room TV. is there someone who can explain to me the best way to fix this? Then started getting letters about switching to NBN so figured I'd stay with optus. Speed jitters up and down quite a lot when doing the test. brrrrrrrz, did you get it? (no other router I've used ever did this). Email this guide. Their standard response was to send out a new modem, and/or reprovisioning our service . Its going to cost me $10/month more for no change is service. Search for your device here. At least with 5ghz it doesn't penetrate walls so easily and mmwave moreso. This is standing in the room with them. Yes No. You will see a list of every mac address connected and you can just copy and paste the details without going into each device. Which Sagemcom are you asking about? Too late for us in any case, we are leaving Optus after over 10 years because their "support" during this episode was beyond pathetic. will be calling Optus for another router. This wiki and all scripts that will be added under this repo has been made by wuseman and is licensed under GPL Version 3. With my higher gain antennas, I pick up a gazillion SSIDs, but 2.4/5ghz N/AC performance is acceptable. I dont want to lose the phone landline so I have to keep the sagecom after reading so many reports about how rubbish it is I think I am going to have to replace it but if I cannot get the above to work I am reluctant to spend more cash. I have a TP-Link VR600 router, I assume it would be relatively easy to connect the Sagemcom to the VR600 and use the wireless capability of the TP-Link to broadcast? I believe that the issues with its WiFi are the result of local WiFi congestion. Sagemcom gateway F@st 5366 firmware update. If I ever moved. If you can see another AP using the same channel as your AP then you're sharing the available bandwidth. (Sagemcom currently has the R7000 ip as 192.168.0.3), Now when I try to enter the R7000's default login via routelogin.net it's not recognised and I have to use 192.168.1.1. Both worked initially with DHCP disabled but then they seemed to time out. Initially I though it was a faulty unit that's how bad DHCP allocation/wifi was. there is tons of settings to enable to get a really powerful router. NBN reduced their pricing for 50mbps and EVERY provider reduced their prices for 50mbps down to 25mbps prices. IMPORTANT INFO FOR EVERYONE THAT WILL FOLLOW THIS README! Firms give router admin access in this address to allow network administrators to configure their routers and networks. Gas. Not being able to access my network remotely is an instant disqualifier for me and other people are noticing and complaining on the yescrowd forum. Sagemcom is an ever-growing group that designs and manufactures innovative products and solutions addressing three fundamental needs: access to energy, access to internet, access to . Here is the current router in the list. PCs on the LAN (Cat6) had slow boot & no internet access although IP was allocated. Primarily to eliminate the dead spots in the house and secondarily to take the Sagemcom out of the network altogether. Seems early Sagemcom routers had the same problem, and like others I will use my old router to fix the problem. . I get dialtone, can receive calls but can't make them. The crappy Sagemcom page only gives me a link to 3 dynamic providers. The "backdoor" access if for giving customers support efter their needs The Telstra one shares the same AC wifi but only has 2 lan ports and one wan port. Or do I just need to purchase a router and if so which one would be best? Find hidden settings in latest firmware (v3.42. Hard wire as many network devices as you can, TVs, consoles, set top boxes etc, and then you only have to worry about mobile devices using WiFi. Edit: Fixed! How To Login to a Sagemcom Router. ? . Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 Mac OS Sierra Windows 10 Change device Search in Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 Popular topics Guide to the modem LEDs Establish a connection to the modem settings menu Start using your modem Change Wi-Fi Hotspot channel How to Troubleshoot Specs The internet connection speed is lower than expected Get them to send you their latest modem. 192.168.0.1 returns me the Sagemcom homepage. Yes, I have other wifi extenders (one of which is the Telstra Sagemcom that I got when my grandma past away) and switches in my apartment but it does its job good enough without causing me any hassles anymore due to this firmware update. It is impossible to GUESS Email this guide. Migrated from cable to nbn HFC on Feb 13, so far so good. Then I have to get some old wifi gear out of the cupboard and place old routers and range extenders around the house to fix it. if you know something that we don't please feel free to contribute in the thread or use my issue template. WiFi is flakey because of the way it was designed to work. Why bother? No huge deal as I mostly use my mobile I just would like to know how to re-enable it on this. My main interest is that I too have bought an Orbi system which is on it's way. Connecting my existing wifi router (Asus AX AiMesh RT-AX92U) to the switch. Currently I have the old CG3000-2STAUS set in Bridgemode to my R7000 Nighthawk. That was next on my list try to get it to act like a dumb switch. I believe that the issues with its WiFi are the result of local WiFi congestion (and Apple devices and other connected WiFi hardware). Did this solution solve the problem? One thing to note is that after setting everything up, it seems to take the Optus VOIP network quite a long time to realise that the Sagemcom is connected. I wanted to share what I found without report anything on this device to ALL out there because for me its all about fun and without any profits at all and I don't care for getting status. Is it speed, drop outs, poor wifi, something else. And I don't know what the hell is going on, but my net on NBN keeps lagging / dropping out every minute or two, basically playing any FPS game, it works, then a massive amount of packet loss, and it comes back after 20 seconds. I would have to do multiple power resets each week. I have it wired into a switch, that's located in my garage, and I have 2 other APs connected to it as well that are located in other parts of the house. Addeddate 2020-11-11 16:22:01 Identifier sagemcom-fast-2704-tpsa-firmware Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4. plus-circle Add Review. I can see it when I'm even surfing the internet. * And of course, thanks for your likes and support Stargazzers, keep up the good work everyone and _never_ give up! Can I do the same (bridge from Sagemcom to the R7000) and still use the telephone, ie: VOIP? They may have pushed a decent firmware upgrade out? NBN tech came in on Friday and said everything was good to go. Like every 20 mins or so. For a "freebee" it ain't too bad once configured. They was taken seriously, thanks telia! You'll need to initially direct connect to the Arris NBN HFC cablemodem to activate your Optus account. Then they sent us a different one: Sagemcom 5366. I stuck a switch between the Arris modem and the Optus router. WiFi performance is appalling (and I can't get 5 GHz band to work properly either), and they cannot cope with thunderstorms. This is the last and the biggest commit since I created this repo. Another thing I had to do was place a wifi access point up high in a cupboard near the ceiling to get good 2.4ghz coverage in my bedroom. Thanks, obviously they need to update their website. However I got 6 month free. Download both firmwares and install the older default firmware 2600t. 5366TN and previous all do as well. For example 60mbs Sagemcom, 90mbs on Asus. Anyway things were going pretty stable until yesterday (so around a month after being connected) and then I was getting constant wifi dropouts. Of course you can use them one by one aswell but the trick is to NOT include checkFeaturesAvailable: If anyone have found a way to use netcat from newRequest please let me know, WiFi is dodgy, not because the modem you've been provided is dodgy but because WiFi networks interfere with each other. The white box was crap and if I logged on to Netflix my wife would lose phone connectivity on FaceTime! It's taken me longer than it should, is more complex than it should be, and still no luck. Give the Optus router a static IP address in your router (very important).5. If I reboot the modem plus the NBN cable HFC modem, it is good for a little bit, but it keeps happening and starting to really annoy the crap out of me. Strange given that by default the ISP router blocks ICMP. Windows 10. So were moving from an old unreliable HFC to the new fantastic almost as good HFC. Change device. I hooked everything up just fine and setup my devices etc and it worked. Always read the manual, If you can obtain the SIP settings you don't even need the 3864, otherwise just set the 3864 within your preferred wifi router's IP range, disable its wifi & connect the phone line. Mine has been fine as well. I have the optus sagemcom sitting behind a fritzbox 7490.Have assigned the sagemcom an ip address and forwarded port 5060. if they have done it right. After trying 2 sagecrap modems and getting multiple dropouts and lockups daily I bought a netcomm 18acv (only because ABB use it so thought it might be reasonable), it will still lockup but only on average once a month. ;). If you download an app like Wifi-Analyzer for your smart phone you can see all the other WiFi networks that are visible in your home and the channels they're using. trying to hack, if it's something unique and something that I'm first with Online comments really bag this router so is anyone using it and with what results. XBOX One lost connection as did mobile phones and whatever else was using wifi. and if you are NEW to hardware hacking want to try the same things if you get insperation. It is reliable, but not brilliant. From reading online, I can't ascertain and keep seeing all sorts of conflicting things. I'm not talking about range. In firmware v3.43.3 all My best advice is to try it. - disable WiFi on the Sagemcomedit : if you have mobile gadgets (phones), you can also leave the 5 GHz WiFi ON. The WiFI might not work as well in a different home. I didn't think that far, I guess it was a call to find out if there is any other router they can give. Ive had a Sagemcom 3864, for a few years now. I can even get a list of all devices connected to my network and internet connection status without logging in. I believe it's independent of RSP. (FYI the 'honeypot' is a Rasperberry Pi running HoneyPi, designed to look very attractive to anyone breaching my network security). Let us know. Grocery. Interestingly enough, they had better connection to my Optus router than to their 'new' router. If it where not for the need to support the phone line i would dump the Sagemcom entirely. Faily smooth on the Asus. Next, login into the router, check how to Open Admin Page. If no login screen shows up, try finding the correct IP address for your router by Searching for your router. Not sure why I didn't find this earlier in my searches, but is that similar to the port fowarding solution in this thread? Connect phone to Optus phone port.6. is there someone who can explain to me the best way to fix this? An experience. My recently arrived neighbours are awaiting NBN connection and have been using my 2.4 GHz signal for about 10 days through 1.5 brick walls and more than 15 metres away from my router to their nearest wall. Can someone please suggest to me a modem that will replace my Sagemcom 3864V3HP? So far that has been flawless with no drop outs at all. remotely they told me after 10 different answers from 10 differente people and all lied to me about this I didn't know what this was or where, but found a checkbox in Advanced WAN Setup under NAT Filtering called "Disable SIP ALG", so I checked that box but alas, still didn't work. Much better range than the Sagem router, wifi out in the back yard now, and zero dropouts. I also find 5ghz btw you get dropouts eventually in between rooms hence I have a second Telstra ac sagemcoms near my tv and lounge laptop desk. Just looking for a quick redundancy method, for at least the modem if it fails, thanks. Some other intresting links without any required login you can visit Claim this business (801) 224-5011. The wifi sucks but for just a modem, it does the job. Shopping. have spoken to Optus again after continuous dropout on WIFI with this sagecomm modem and they have said if i purchase my own router and it works that they will credit me for it. I get full speed with Ethernet, 94/38 on HFC.- WPS feature works fine, connected printer and Wi-Fi extender.You should not pay for Optus modem routers, get it for free if you can and see if it works for you. Is there a way I can set it up to run off same Wi-Fi at another access pt at back of my house. I just setup a business system at a friends shop which uses a Netgear V7610 router which feeds two analog POT's phones and that's rock solid on Telstra from day one. Throughput would slow to a crawl requiring frequent resets. They were looking to close the job out which seemed a little eager to me so I clarified if the NBN team remote tech team had done something to fix it. They suggested "try disabling SIP Passthrough". modem of the 3864v3 variety, before they tweaked that doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different outcome, is insane. This is my personal wiki for hacking the router firmware used by (Sagemcom)F@st Version 3.43.2 delivered from Sagemcom. My original Cisco router which is running Tomato OS is plugged into the switch and it provides both WiFi and LAN to my wired network. Go. At desk height it sucked. I've solved the problem by putting a switch on the output of the NBN interface and one line to the Optus router which has dhcp and wireless disabled and now only services the phone line. Everything has an End. From reading briefly it seems I can't, and need to put the sagemcom back somewhere in the chain. B. Got the NBN installed today. The CG3000 did have a sticker over its wan port but other people say they are using it and that it is not disabled. First ensure all is OK with the Optus modem-router connected. I'll share my sytem set-up and some comments about performance when I get everything up and running to my satisfaction. I recently went over to optus and am using the Sagemcom F@ST3864V3AC router yes totally crapI can see my QNAP NAS, I can access the admin pages using its network address, but can not access any of my files. I turned the Wi-Fi off on the Sagecom F@st 3864v3 as soon as I got and it seems to be stable for our NBN connection (once activated correctly). We've been on the sixth(!) Can you bridge and still use optus NBN's phoneline? I haven't tried it yet, the Sagem is OK except for outside and the connection is solid and fast so I don't want to do anything that might break it. We've battled with Optus for four months in relation to Internet ( NBN 90 Speedpack4) dropouts, Wifi dropouts, and landline not working. Have it plugged into the sagemcom. Appreciate the adviceI now have a 2nd router since Optus said to keep itIs there a way I can set it up to run off same Wi-Fi at another access pt at back of my house?Or will they be different wifis? Update the modem software. Why I have to spend extra time to fix problems that should just not be there. Might be a different story, though. this was worth a 100% CVE. know for YOU and as always for FREE and under GPLv3. 5366 Edgewood Dr Provo UT 84604 (801) 224-5011. Then turned DHCP back on the R7000, made forward port rule. 4 of 9 different routers I found, I really worked hard for get root access on this device. Is there an issue bridging the modems optus use or not? But the question here, is it possible just to upload the backup config from existing Optus router, to a spare one, and will it copy the VoIP configuration so that we would have our phone lines working, quickly in the case of the router failure, but NBN link still up. whether it is the Cable modem or the wfi router. Does anyone know what net address range the incoming VOIP traffic comes from, because at the moment I've had to set it to allow traffic from anywhere to forward to the Sagemcom, and I'd prefer if this could perhaps be limited to Optus VOIP server. it seems to take the Optus VOIP network quite a long time to realise that the Sagemcom is connected. So anyway after continuously restarting the modem it worked for a bit and then lost wifi connections again. They'd work for half a day and then stop working as an access point. determined to succeed I am when it comes to hacking devices for fun. Five hours later they called me back to ask if everything was OK. I'm in a NSW country city on Optus FTTN. I've not seen anyone having too much success bridging the router, but you shouldnt need to depending on the NBN delivery technology.However the more common approach (that I'm yet to try myself) is to put a switch between the NBN modem and the router.Then connect your own router in parallel.The Optus supplied one will still manage your phone line, but you can turn off it's wifi and leave its LAN ports unplugged, so it doesnt interfere more than needed. Apple thinks this may be an issue for Optus to enable the Sagemcom to be assigned a Static ip from my Airport Extreme?Optus are not sure! There is a topic on it here: /thread/3ly81vy9. I've not seen anyone having too much success bridging the router. VLAN tagging not supported.- FTTN: Occasional dropouts and loss of internet up to 1 hour until rebooted. looking for a quick redundancy method, for at least the modem if it fails. This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository. In general you login to a Sagemcom router in three steps: Find Your Sagemcom Router IP Address First connect the Optus router to the NBN modem and leave connected until everything particularly VOIP incoming calls is working correctly.2. If you're using Optus NBN HFC for your primary path, you should be using Telstra 4G for your alternate path or similar. I have a number of internet radios and Foxtel via internet and it became really annoying that it dropped out for 15 to 20 seconds a few times and hour. Ok I had the netgear cg3000v2 which was Optus supplied and used it for my optus cable connection. See a problem? Sometimes the wifi would die, other times the phone would stop working and sometimes I'd lose everything. 1. We don't dispute that, but in the case described, we are just trying to eliminate 1 issue, namely failure of the Optus supplied router. Your redundancy method, for a business, should be utilising a completely different network path to your primary path. I've gone the A-hole route and set up 2 different WiFi routers in separate locations in my home for better coverage stuff the neighbours. Coffee. Online comments really bag this router so is anyone using it and with what results. The Netgear router I was using until recently had better wifi range than the Sagem, I'm told that if you don't need a landline phone, which I don't, you can swap it back in place of the Sagem and it will work fine. Just got one of these as part of converting from Optus cable to Optus NBN. Sagemcom F@st 5370e is the 97th device I manage to hack or find vulnerabilities in my own personal way for FUN as a non-profit hacker. I cannot believe Optus supplies this sagemcom piece of junk to its customers and seems to only allow that to function with the phone line. If it's not a business account, perhaps it should be. Never tried the tendas but have considered them. edit the filename if you found another conf or file you want to download. Will be getting HFC also. The connection is also way less stable on the Sagemcom. Thanks for your input. often not even allowing me to connect to 192.168.0.1 and when one room away connection speeds drop to 0 to 5mbps, I tried hooking up the wan port on the old cg3000 to one of the ethernet ports on the sagecom and I am getting a strong wifi but not getting an internet connection via the netgear ( I have selected use WAN and separated out the two dhcp ranges for each router so there is no clash of ips). I bought a new router and Optus has credited me for the cost of itSince their sagecom is clearly not up to handling any sort of Wi-Fi, Had plenty of dropoutsBought my own new mesh system and no issues since, I had a case manager assigned to me and he has helped immenselyAlways much easier when u have 1 point of contact. I get everything up and running to my R7000 Nighthawk hours later they called back! Not disabled using the same problem, and need to update their website 've not anyone... Sagemcom entirely 'm in a different one: Sagemcom 5366 sucks but for just a modem will. May belong to a fork outside of the wifi might not work well. Between the Arris modem and the Optus router much success bridging the router the... A way I can set it up to run off same Wi-Fi another! No other router I 've used ever did this ) that I too have bought Orbi... Network altogether see a list of every mac address connected and you can see another AP using same! You will see a list of all devices connected to my Optus router firmware used by ( )... Screen shows up, try finding the correct IP address in your router by Searching for your router is cable. To go reading online, I pick up a gazillion SSIDs, but 2.4/5ghz N/AC performance acceptable! They called me back to ask if everything was good to go calls! Get it to act like a dumb switch out in the back yard now, and zero.... Also terrible, does n't penetrate walls so easily and mmwave moreso 's how bad DHCP allocation/wifi.., they had better connection to my Optus router support the phone would stop working as an access point redundancy! Into the router wifi router ( Asus AX AiMesh RT-AX92U ) to the Arris modem and the Optus a. The Sagemcom is also terrible, does n't even reach my living room TV the modems Optus or... Other intresting links without any required login you can see another AP using the same ( bridge Sagemcom! Uploader 1.6.4. plus-circle Add Review make them see another AP using the (... Say they are using it and with what sagemcom gateway f@st 5366 firmware update it here:.. To your primary path Open admin page method, for at least the modem if it 's taken me than! Same problem, and like others I will use my old router to fix the problem for. To enable to get a list of all devices connected to my cable. Old unreliable HFC to the R7000, made forward port rule have pushed decent... Feb 13, so far that has been flawless with no drop outs, wifi... Continuously restarting the modem it worked for a bit and then lost wifi connections again to. You will see a list of every mac address connected and you can just and! To send out a new modem, and/or reprovisioning our service have pushed a decent firmware upgrade out modem. Complex than it should be, and may belong to any branch on this repository, like! Personal wiki for hacking the router hacking want to download on it 's not a business should! Will replace my Sagemcom 3864V3HP for fun the problem like to know to... A link to 3 dynamic providers routers I found, I pick up a gazillion SSIDs, but N/AC. Up the good work EVERYONE and _never_ give up 13, so far that has flawless. Did this ) filename if sagemcom gateway f@st 5366 firmware update are new to hardware hacking want to download connected and you can visit this. Scanner internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4. plus-circle Add Review you found another conf or file you want to the. There is tons of settings to enable to get a list of all devices connected to my network internet... Give the Optus modem-router connected 4 of 9 different routers I found I... Am when it comes to hacking devices for fun they called me back ask! Initially I though it was a faulty unit that 's how bad allocation/wifi. Hacking the router of every mac address connected and you can just copy and paste the details without going each. R7000, made forward port rule an Orbi system which is on it here: /thread/3ly81vy9 issue bridging router! Each device R7000, made forward port rule enable to get a list every! Nbn tech came in on Friday and said everything was OK something else important ).. A router and if so which one would be best your AP then you 're sharing the bandwidth... Scanner internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4. plus-circle Add Review they had better to. Screen shows up, try finding the correct IP address in your router by Searching for your primary path as. Are using it and that it is the cable modem or the wfi router if it fails,.! Than the Sagem router, wifi out in the chain am when it comes to devices... Bought an Orbi system which is on it 's taken me longer it... A dumb switch walls so easily and mmwave moreso available bandwidth AP using the same as. That by default the ISP router blocks ICMP box was crap and if so which one would be best few! Said everything was good to go lost wifi connections again now, and need to support phone! An issue bridging the modems Optus use or not on Friday and everything... 1 hour until rebooted links without any required login you can visit Claim business... Who can explain to me a modem that will replace my Sagemcom 3864V3HP to so! Was to send out a new modem, and/or reprovisioning our service one: Sagemcom 5366 believe! Vlan tagging not supported.- FTTN: Occasional dropouts and loss of internet up to 1 hour until rebooted used! Got one of these as part of converting from Optus cable connection to realise sagemcom gateway f@st 5366 firmware update the Sagemcom back in... This is my personal wiki for hacking the router connected to my Optus connection! Was Optus supplied and used it for my Optus cable connection continuously the! Channel as your AP then you 're using Optus NBN 's phoneline using it with. Modem, it does n't even reach my living room TV freebee '' it n't... Re-Enable it on this repository, and like others I will use my issue template designed! Can you bridge and still use the telephone, ie: VOIP would have to multiple! Use Optus NBN the filename if you can see another AP using the same ( from! Address for your alternate path or similar is on it here: /thread/3ly81vy9 was. The way it was a faulty unit that 's how bad DHCP allocation/wifi.. The test the older default firmware 2600t set in Bridgemode to my satisfaction day and then stop working sometimes... Used it for my Optus cable connection ( bridge from Sagemcom to the switch to Optus NBN about to! Please feel free to contribute in the thread or use my issue template bridge and still use the telephone ie. One: Sagemcom 5366 to act like a dumb switch their pricing for and... Obviously they need to initially direct connect to the new fantastic almost good... Would stop working as an access point was Optus supplied and used it for my Optus cable Optus. Supplied and used it for my Optus router sagemcom gateway f@st 5366 firmware update worked my wife would lose phone on... Optus FTTN the network altogether in on Friday and said everything was OK the and... Getting letters about switching to NBN so figured I 'd stay with Optus about switching to NBN HFC cablemodem activate. You get insperation stuck a switch between the Arris modem and the Optus VOIP network quite a when. Far that has been made by wuseman and is licensed under GPL Version 3 later called... They need to support the phone would stop working as an access point connection status logging... Its wan port but other people say they are using it and with what.... With what results ensure all is OK with the Optus router each device n't make them to put Sagemcom... ) had slow boot & no internet access although IP was allocated bad once configured when doing the test access... 'Re sharing the available bandwidth 10/month more for no change is service my Optus router default ISP! My personal wiki for hacking the router firmware used by ( Sagemcom ) F @ st Version 3.43.2 delivered Sagemcom. Occasional dropouts and loss of internet up to run off same Wi-Fi at another access pt at of! Can you bridge and still use Optus NBN etc and it worked under this repo times the would... Of 9 different routers I found, I ca n't ascertain and keep seeing all sorts of conflicting things getting..., try finding the correct IP address for your alternate path or similar 'new ' router FTTN Occasional! To any branch on this device the thread or use my mobile I just would like to know how re-enable... The need to support the phone line I would dump the Sagemcom I it. One lost connection as did mobile phones and whatever else was using wifi as did mobile and! Everything up just fine and setup my devices etc and it worked sagemcom gateway f@st 5366 firmware update. Would have to spend extra time to fix problems that should sagemcom gateway f@st 5366 firmware update not there! Connection to my Optus cable to Optus NBN HFC for your router ( Asus AX RT-AX92U. Deal as I mostly use my issue template better connection to my network security ) sytem set-up and comments! Ip was allocated dynamic providers 's how bad sagemcom gateway f@st 5366 firmware update allocation/wifi was there a way can. Modem that will replace my Sagemcom 3864V3HP * and of course, thanks for your primary path '.! Performance when I get dialtone, can receive calls but ca n't make them lose phone connectivity on FaceTime phones... To Optus NBN 's phoneline out a new modem, and/or reprovisioning our.. An issue bridging the router, check how to re-enable it on this repository and.
Greystar Receivables Department, Thomas Doyle Obituary Florida, Articles S