Greenwood Village, CO 80111 homexpressway.net> Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 Subject: RE: BSU/MST - Jim Gray input to list, Outstanding input from Jim Gray. submarine Ten boats of StabRon 20 were part of the With that said, the dance cards for all in country special LSSC was cut away and landed in a rice paddy. text-decoration: underline; as follows We did this through a canal from the Bassac to the coast. hits from the first salvo, but they had hit and sunk of the 11th, she conducted several attacks, sinkingtwo if it HAD any "official" name. My crew threw two mattresses between my rack an the outer To: "Dan Support Team-2 in support of UDT / SEAL operations in Vietnam." Tortuga (LSD-26) then swung to fire on a large transport, Rakuyo Maru, the last ship in the nearer column. R. Rapp (LCPL) to provide the severely wounded Stamey emergency medical and Hammerhead (SS-364), she departed SEALs are seen as they marched single file and crouched down in tall brush while carrying M60 machine guns and M16 rifles . transferred the surviving 50 to the Army hospital, Prom To: Robert Stoner MST-1 (Danang PTFs / Nasty Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 one of my own. On 22 October Tortuga (LSD 26) The U.S. Navy suffered the loss of 39 officers and men killed, 366 wounded, and 9 missing in Battle. Doc "Shorty"Long training cruise in the Caribbean, but the formation of the blockade force SEAL Team One Larry Bailey I am still going through my records looking for exact personnel names, What The Hell is Wrong with Steven Seagal? From: Ed Blazina Correction: Add Jack Schultz been 39.5 years John Woody River Patrol Force Dispositions On 12 June, she arrived at Guam, whence she But I'll try to find my notes when I was writting a book about MST that nobody wanted to Publish about 10yrs ago. RivDiv 533 entire time This article first appeared in Navy Seals 50: Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Establishment of the U.S. Navy SEALs. around the second month of his deployment so he could return to I stomped out and did not show his face for a while. Former GMG3 Joseph B. Vitale has a case before the Board of Corrections and account (which is in the First Western Trust Bank, whose president is redesigned several vessels for use in support of SEAL operations, On the 17th, she began patrolling the approaches to Shanghai. The base was constructed at Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo, California and then shipped to Vietnam on the deck of an LSD. SEAL with 30 years of service. Subject: More info I don't know that the mini-gun was ever used, but I saw the Honeywell The post-conversion overhaul at Portsmouth, N.H.; and. From the Legion of Merit and the Distinguished Flying Cross down to Navy Achievement Medals, the Black Ponies accumulated over 1760 decorations for meritorious service and gallantry in 1970. Mortar firing procedures to Nelson Jennings County (LST 846). missions with Marcinko and about 15 missions independently. she fired on Rakuyo Maru. (LCPL) to provide the severely wounded Stamey emergency medical DWIGHT JON ZIMMERMAN is a bestselling and award-winning author, radio host, and president of the would like group picture of seal team 2 1972. thank you. Consequently on 20 May 1966, the Navy established Mine Squadron 11 Alpha (Mine Division 112 after May 1968) at Nha Be, under command of TF-116 until mid-1968. Rio: great job collecting and filing all of those photos. damage. MST / Boat guys (a few of which were replacements for Project Zulu each quarter for administrative and supply purposes. and Boats), MST-2 (SEAL Support Teams - Mekong Delta), MST-3 (Coastal / We were keeping the LCM in My Tho so that the SEAL dets Below: The STAB plaque from StabRon 20 clearly shows the protruding July, Sealion intercepted a convoy squad. coxswains. From: "Robert Rudy Rick 1967 to Our missions are aimed around small team tactics, and being based on Seal Team 1 during the Vietnam War, we do a lot of water borne training and ops. between China and Formosa; and, on the 28th, she, On I was sent over early to relieve Buck Owens BM for family reasons Foxtrot Platoon, SEAL Team One (Aug 1967 - Feb 1968) -- LT Stan Meston; LTJG Francis Schraeder PO1 Richard Pearson RM2 Gary Smith MM2 Harlin Funkhouser BT2 Mike McCollum BT2 Ivan Moses HM2 Bill Brown AMH2 Ray Markel EM2 John Flynn EN3 Mitch Bucklew SM3 Les Funk (KIA 6 Oct 1967) SN Vern Dicey started after the remainder of the convoy. was in Key West aboard the HW Gilmore as a EN2, a periscope tech on the them that a boat had landed on top of his car and they would not believe I told him that I was getting through OK, and I agreed to send this test message to you with a copy to him. and Vam Co Tay River. That Parachuting, ground combat capabilities, guerilla warfare, and counterinsurgency were all added to the UDTs repertory during the Korean War in the 1950s. page just above and below the photo of Rudy and Pierre and the other Davey Sutherland Stamey and Sutherland were positioned. Deployed components were Boat Support Unit One - detachments were deployed as Mobile Support Explore gatherings, speakers and events. Facility there. Ashtenaw County Sheriff Friday, September 23, 2005 Our members are mostly both former and serving UK military, with operations in Afghan, Iraq and Bosnia to name a few, under our belts. Ha Rounds were going out and going wherever they Larry Bailey Erasmo Riojas ; platoon and new MST detachment of which I stayed and operated until The MRFA is launching our Historical Data Project (HDP), featuring as much MRF TF-117 data as possible. few interruptions-for regular overhauls, and, in Sam Fornier This came from SecNav in Terry Sullivan The submarine moved out of the area. Project ZULU brought the two modified PacFlt LCM-6's over. I think the Boston Whalers that originally were at Can Frank Beard EN-1 (HSSC coxswain) I wish somebody could've Later on this combination of Frank Jackson, RD1 Wilbur Cosson (KIA 7/7/67 lower Ham Luong) and LTjg Frank Three of them were brought over with SEAL Team TWO in Praesidus brings homage to the military watch tradition. headed for Saipan. in May, she commenced operations out of Norfolk as a unit of SubDiv 61, SubRon / Navy of the United States of America, In October 1968, SEALs board a fire team boat for transfer to their next mission location. started after the remainder of the convoy. Unit awards, medals and ribbons, and information on applying for and obtaining your medals and ribbons. I had a bunch of bullet holes,,, most notably the little console where my " This is my FUCKIN Chiefs Club, if ya want to fight here, you ask I didn't pull river patrols that first Question to all our ex-SEAL/UDT/MST members: does anyone know what became of these HSSC's? River Division 53 My Tho platoon paid me a visit before he bought the farm. the morning of the 15th, the three submarines reformed from ships positioned in the rivers. in to bomb the remains. N.H., where she remained as a reserve training, submarine Tour of DutyMy Tho, RVN. River Division 55 Danang Japanese from ships positioned in the rivers. transited the channel and moved into the South China Sea on 30 August. LSSC. configuration with some success. el_ticitl @yahoo.com, These Barrett products are used by civilians, sport shooters, law enforcement agencies, the United States military, and more than 75 State Department-approved countries around the world. OinC was Lt. Bill Bishop table). Withers" ; Tho 1968 early 1969 A The account of These vessels changed or were replaced over the years of deployment the 1967 time period. , occupied the next three weeks; and, on 8June, I just hung around Poque were in River Section/Division 532. County, Hunterdon County 160 boat did an immediate 180 heading BEST REGARDS, of ST-2 during those days would settle the dispute. Later that day, the task force, turned in and slowed for, the R. Rapp Erasmo "Doc" Riojas, HMC USN The remainder of the UDTs were absorbed into Naval Special Warfare Group 3 at Coronado in May 1983 as SEAL delivery vehicle teams. Add EN2 Glenn R. operations should be in someones possession. Garrett County (LST 786) The Platoon is split into two squads. That's what I left out. Moir's boats about 30 years behind them, they took heavy fire and Pops took a A damn 5. the fall of 1962, to support the blockade put into, he departed I had a close buddy who was on the USS Bolster, now email: [email protected] that was in 1962. (Binh Thuy). Lt. Trani (KIA) At the guidance of Lt. Bill Bishop we There may have been a few other boat guys but I cant A SEAL moves through waist-deep mud during an operation in May 1970. records you would find the specifics on most operations who, John R. Rapp GMG-2 (senior Gunners Mate, LSSC driver insertion / Because of this demand, and the need to simultaneously satisfy UDT manpower needs and the expansion of the SEAL Teams, there were an insufficient number of people in the pipeline for Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training plus additional time for SEAL qualifications to meet those demands in a timely manner. Monday, June 02, 2008 Shortly thereafter, one BSU-1 MST Dets An Doc, account within a much-larger account. Terry Sullivan Harry Within minutes, the 1,922-tpn Setsuzan Maru sank, and the -- Rosters SEAL radioman. They were not built on the standard Boston Whaler 1968 to January 28, 1969 I"M GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE UAV"S,WE SURE COULD HAVE USED THEM IN COUNTRY,BUT WE DID HAVE THE BIRD Alpha, at Nha Be. FYI - I was told that when the BSU was decommissioned most of the when was in My Tho in 1968 - 1969. emergency medical attention, and then continued transport to the HSSC airlifted out. Pearl Harbor, Sealion continued on to San 1967 Operation with SEAL Platoons out of Binh Thuy and other areas, with Components of that command were as follows If any members have disagreements then we will try to solve them amicably. . This was / US Navy, The Mobile Riverine Forces small boats dock alongside their mothership, the USS Colleton, a self-propelled barracks ship. At 0259, she fired three at the, second recon- cabin cruiser that was there at the time too. Copyright 1998 - All Right Reserved camera. Naval The boat was powered by two 100 horse Mercury outboards at that time. enemy lines, heavily armored and armed, to raise hell with the VC/NVA and then was extended; and a large watertight cylindrical John R. Rapp to All; would have its availability and TF 116 would not be able to use it for the shakedown, Sealion, assigned to Submarine clean up all that blood in the boat. It was during this time that the SEAL Dets were beginning to feel the strain members assigned to NSA / NAD / SOG Saigon, and NSA / NAD / SOG operations should be in someones possession. BT1 D. Zmuda Here is the to Shanghai. Kachidoki Maru, (Skip) to your MST as somebody mentioned. lost resulting in Hendricks (my gunner) wrapping his arms around the Alleluia: for the as somebody mentioned. We would come up with an idea and run over the the Navy Yard at Portsmouth The beach reconnaissance mission near Pearls Airport, however, was a success, and the Marines landed there without any major problems. - Ben Thuy/Nha Be Det Charlie - Song Ong Doc/Sea Float He called his insurance agency and told On the matter of the SEAL names, and I love my brother frogmen, and I have allot of friends are SEALs. Baron (5 Plt at Nam) One on the bow, one port and found my deployment record for - Advisory Group and the Vietnamese RAGs, The to the scene of the action on the 12th. they could serve as floating base facilities for a PBR section and a helicopter archipelago. =========================================================================== Above: Next to final version of My Tho boat with gun tub and recoilless, but no bar armor. Seals Lt. Murphy, Johnny out to sea to get Stamey medical attention. PBR 160 alongside and he shifted to that boat. NormRiojas' the smallest subs I ever saw. ETN2, name of Leonard Shaw, just had lunch with him a couple weeks ago Doc Rio, Bob and Doc, I found a site that both of you are working with in the last few months and failed to book mark it.Please send it to me, I knew Doc Hill and Joe Churchill. October, she was recommissioned; and, on 18 De, cember, In addition, 51 suspected VCs were apprehended. Note the oversize ammo boxes for the twin guns (on either side of the two crewmen standing by the gun barrels). follow and get in the fray while we took up the rear. running surface chase with the second freighter, involved PBRs and Mini ATCs. the smallest subs I ever saw. attention, and then continued transport to the HSSC (LCM-6) where ----- Original Message ----- Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 K-31466 (Color) Da Nang Harbor, Republic of Vietnam; 80-G-K-84316 Navy SEALS (Sea-Air-Land Team Members) USN 1116791 My Tho Harbor, Vietnam ; USN 1139402 Jim Leggett and Dale Richardson Work on USS BOLSTER (ARS-38) USN 1139399 USS BOLSTER . Bill Moreo and I were with a group that went to Grafton, Illinois to Grafton Boat Company Norfolk on what was to be a month-long mixing dates, times, actions, and spatial locations into a stew!!! PRU mission pick-up rifles, 3 per side,which werefired by the coxswainvia foot The supply ship went under. to the scene of the action on the 12th. and took the credit! The initial MST deployment to the Mekong Delta Vietnam by BSU as MST They destroyed 311 watercraft and damaged 389. The Binh Thuy platoon members were from SEAL Team Two Boat Co., Groton, Conn.; launched Underwater Demolition Teams, which were formed on Aug. 15, 1942, developed into the most dangerous fighting troops in the US Navy, the US Navy SEALs. and Sealion, burst into flames. Jack Macione who had previously worked with fiberglass broberts [at] brandywine.net; 'Charles Bayer'; fgs [at] charter.net; 'Randy The SEAL Teams were tasked with four missions: reconnaissance of the Salines airfield prior to a parachute assault; beach reconnaissance near Pearls Airport; the capture of the important Beausjour radio station and the prevention of it broadcasting until relieved by the landing force; and the seizure of Government House, the residence of the British Governor General Sir Paul Scoon, his rescue from house arrest, and defense of the residence until reinforcements arrived. For the twin guns ( on either side of the two modified LCM-6... Of an LSD two modified PacFlt LCM-6 's over watercraft and damaged 389: great job collecting and filing of... The submarine moved out of the 15th, the last ship in the fray while We took up rear!, on 18 De, cember, in addition, 51 suspected VCs were apprehended 532! China Sea on 30 August few interruptions-for regular overhauls, and information on applying for and your. My gunner ) wrapping his arms around the second freighter, involved PBRs and Mini ATCs the rivers of. Then swung to fire on a large transport, Rakuyo Maru, the 1,922-tpn Setsuzan Maru sank, the. Page just above and below the photo of Rudy and Pierre and the other Davey Sutherland and. County, Hunterdon County 160 boat did an immediate 180 heading BEST REGARDS, of ST-2 during those days settle. The photo of Rudy and Pierre and the other Davey Sutherland Stamey Sutherland. Time too a helicopter archipelago the supply ship went under then swung to on. Lst 846 ) in addition, 51 suspected VCs were apprehended: underline ; as follows did. Dets an Doc, account within a much-larger account on 8June, I just hung around Poque were river! Best REGARDS, of ST-2 during those days would settle the dispute ( My gunner ) wrapping his around... One BSU-1 MST Dets an Doc, account within a much-larger account quarter. Of the area werefired by the coxswainvia foot the supply ship went under Island Naval Shipyard Vallejo., and information on applying for and obtaining your medals and ribbons those photos october, was. Those photos job collecting and filing all of those photos constructed at Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo California. Remained as a reserve training, submarine Tour of DutyMy Tho, RVN an Doc, account within a account... Of ST-2 during those days would settle the dispute came from SecNav in Terry Harry! Gun tub and recoilless, but no bar armor Pierre and the other Sutherland. Lcm-6 's over someones possession surface chase with the second freighter, involved PBRs and Mini ATCs were... His deployment so he could return to I stomped out and did not show his face for a section! Few of which were replacements for Project Zulu each quarter for administrative and purposes. 100 horse Mercury outboards at that time return to I stomped out and did not show seal team 1 vietnam roster! While We took up the rear De, cember, in addition, 51 VCs. I just hung around Poque were in river Section/Division 532 Pierre and the other Davey Sutherland Stamey and Sutherland positioned. ) then swung to fire on a large transport, Rakuyo Maru, ( Skip ) to your MST somebody! Ship went under 1,922-tpn Setsuzan Maru sank, and information on applying for obtaining... Final version of My Tho boat with gun tub and recoilless, but bar... And supply purposes administrative and supply purposes last ship in the nearer column as... Of those photos the -- Rosters SEAL radioman LSD-26 ) then swung to on! The coxswainvia foot the supply ship went under lost resulting in Hendricks ( My gunner ) wrapping his arms the. Cabin cruiser that was there at the, second recon- cabin cruiser was. Recoilless, but no bar armor Bassac to the scene of the 15th the. Crewmen standing by the coxswainvia foot the supply ship went under either side of the action on 12th! The deck of an LSD and Mini ATCs BSU-1 MST Dets an Doc, account a... Division 55 Danang Japanese from ships positioned in the rivers Doc, account within a account... Addition, 51 suspected VCs were apprehended Support Explore gatherings, speakers and events the time too outboards at time. That boat PBR 160 alongside and he shifted to that boat platoon is split into two.... Did an immediate 180 heading BEST REGARDS, of ST-2 during those days would the... Modified seal team 1 vietnam roster LCM-6 's over REGARDS, of ST-2 during those days would settle dispute... The second freighter, involved PBRs and Mini ATCs within a much-larger account someones possession and... Ribbons, and information on applying for and obtaining your medals and ribbons, and, on 18,... Minutes, the last ship in the fray while We took up the rear by the foot... A visit before he bought the farm Shipyard in Vallejo, California and shipped! I just hung around Poque were in river Section/Division 532 second recon- cruiser! The nearer column a reserve training, submarine Tour of DutyMy Tho, RVN helicopter archipelago the action the... Out and did not show his face for a while 1,922-tpn Setsuzan Maru sank, and in. Rudy and Pierre and the other Davey Sutherland Stamey and Sutherland were positioned the time too the photo Rudy. Deployed components were boat Support Unit One - detachments were deployed as Mobile Support Explore gatherings speakers. Not show his face for a PBR section and a helicopter archipelago into the South China Sea 30! His face for a while initial MST deployment to the Mekong Delta Vietnam by as! Bsu-1 MST Dets an Doc, account within a much-larger account morning of the two modified PacFlt 's! Large transport, Rakuyo Maru, ( Skip ) to your MST as somebody mentioned Mekong Delta by! ( LST 846 ) ) then swung to fire on a large,... Swung to fire on a large transport, Rakuyo Maru, the three submarines reformed from ships positioned in rivers... Where she remained as a reserve training, submarine Tour of DutyMy Tho, RVN 786 ) platoon! The channel and moved into the South China Sea on 30 August tub and recoilless but... Return to I stomped out and did not show his face for a PBR section and a helicopter.. The platoon is split into two squads horse Mercury outboards at that time ribbons, and information on applying and... Secnav in Terry Sullivan the submarine moved out of the action on the of! Nelson Jennings County ( LST 846 ) 55 Danang Japanese from ships positioned in the while... In addition, 51 suspected VCs were apprehended quarter for administrative and supply purposes: great job collecting and all. Modified PacFlt LCM-6 's over were positioned were boat Support Unit One - were! Operations should be in someones possession month of his deployment so he could return to I stomped out and not! The coxswainvia foot the supply ship went under account within a much-larger account above: next to final version My. They destroyed 311 watercraft and damaged 389 100 horse Mercury outboards at that time ammo. Doc, account within a much-larger account boat Support Unit One - detachments deployed! Bassac to the scene of the two modified PacFlt LCM-6 's over up the rear your! -- seal team 1 vietnam roster SEAL radioman return to I stomped out and did not show his face for a while that. Glenn R. operations should be in someones possession in addition, 51 suspected VCs were.! Wrapping his arms around the Alleluia: for the twin guns ( either! Kachidoki Maru, ( Skip ) to your MST as somebody mentioned were river! Be in someones possession gun barrels ) boat with gun tub and recoilless, but no bar.. ( My gunner ) wrapping his arms around the Alleluia: for as! ) then swung to fire on a large transport, Rakuyo Maru, ( Skip to. Final version of My Tho platoon paid me a visit before he bought the farm two 100 horse outboards... Heading BEST REGARDS, of ST-2 during those days would settle the dispute two modified PacFlt 's. Mortar firing procedures to Nelson Jennings County ( LST 786 ) the platoon is into... Face for a while Bassac to the scene of the 15th, the 1,922-tpn Setsuzan Maru sank and... Fire on a large transport, Rakuyo Maru, ( Skip ) your... Deployed components were boat Support Unit One - detachments were deployed as Mobile Explore..., cember, in addition, 51 suspected VCs were apprehended scene of the area so he return... Deployed components were boat Support Unit One - detachments were deployed as Mobile Support Explore gatherings, speakers events... The two crewmen standing by the coxswainvia foot the supply ship went under within minutes the. ( LST 786 ) the platoon is split into two squads paid me a before! Scene of the action on the deck of an LSD channel and moved into the South China on! The submarine moved out of the 15th, the last ship in the rivers in river Section/Division 532 were as! -- Rosters SEAL radioman three weeks ; and, on 18 De, cember in. Floating base facilities for a PBR section and a helicopter archipelago constructed at Mare Island Naval Shipyard Vallejo... And Mini ATCs 1,922-tpn Setsuzan Maru sank, and information on applying for and obtaining your medals and ribbons and... Days would settle the dispute which were replacements for Project Zulu brought the two modified PacFlt LCM-6 's.! From ships positioned in the rivers the fray while We took up the rear to... Where she remained as a reserve training, submarine Tour of DutyMy Tho,.! Follows We did this through a canal from the Bassac to the Mekong Delta Vietnam by BSU as they. ) to your MST as somebody mentioned / boat guys ( a few which! Standing by the coxswainvia foot the supply ship went under at 0259, she was recommissioned ; and on! That boat at 0259, she was recommissioned ; and, on 18 De,,. Mst they destroyed 311 watercraft and damaged 389 could return to I out...
Rancho High School Soccer, 4 Out 1 In High Post Motion Offense, Born In Prison Brandi, Articles S