Package Info. Meet Us; Castle History; . $55,000. To book a hunt, please call the McAllen Ranch Office at (956) 383-1917 or contact us through the Contact Form . Hunting with Anthony was absolutely fantastic. We are a fully licensed and insured hunting outfitter specializing in low fence guided Texas archery and rifle hunting for whitetail deer, axis deer, sika deer, blackbuck antelope, fallow deer, Rio Grande turkey, and several sheep species. Axis lifespan is generally 8-15 years with most Axis mortality associated with winterkill and coyotes. I will tell you what though, when a Wildebeest steps out near you, you may just forget about whatever you were looking to hunt because I had to make that hard decision to pass on it. Anthony and the team are beyond prorated from the hunt to making sure your trophy gets taken care of. Whitetail deer under MLD management 4 years, plus Turkeys, Axis deer, Hogs, Dove and Quail - Game Paradise! The ranch is fully stocked with genetically improved Whitetail deer, Axis deer, Fallow deer, Sika deer, Audad sheep, Blackbuck Antelope and loaded with turkeys for your hunting pleasure. BWGS has both summer and winter Axis hunts in Texas. 956-292-9219. We hit it off immediately and he knew what I wanted out of my time there. Weight: Males: 134 250 pounds |Females: 95-140 pounds, Recommended Firearm for Axis Deer: .270, .30.06, 7mm mag, .300 win. He worked me on getting on and off the side by side, worked with me on getting in and out of the blind and we set up my chair and shooting sticks so we would be ready for the hunt. Im writing this while snacking on jerky made from the first deer I ever shot, thanks to Gerald and Anthony at the FF Ranch. As summer conditions dry this vegetation, Axis will turn to consuming more browse. On this hunt your only responsibility is to be safe, shoot straight, and have fun, we will take care of the rest. You will not be disappointed. I admit I was a little leery at first about hunting an exotic species, thinking that it might . Hope to meet you guys again. Tipping guides, cooks, and skinners is appreciated. Everything done to the best for the clients there and did I mention the cooking? Trophy Axis Deer: $5,500. We were entertained the whole time and spending time with them guiding ussitting around the big campfire and BBQing we started a friendship that continues. Axis Doe: $750. We were always well fed and he made sure we saw plenty of game. operated by our family for three generations. Axis hunts in Texas are by far the most sought after adventures in the exotic hunting industry and nobody has more success than BWGS. Not Included:Transportation to and from Ranch, alcohol. The ranch offers Texas deer hunting packages for a variety of free ranging game including Whitetail deer, Axis deer, Black Buck antelope, wild hogs and Rio Grande turkey. After the afternoon and morning hunts we will always return to the lodge for a home cooked meal and fellowship around the table or campfire. We offer Meat & Trophy Free Range Axis hunts on 6 great ranches in the Sonora & Rocksprings Tx area! Three 25,000-gallon water tanks andseveral water troughs provide endless fresh water for all the animals. Year round exotic game hunts. 956-292-9219. Rio Grande turkey hunting. Recommended hunt dates to book are from May-August when most of themaleshorns are hard at this time of the year. FREE RANGE TEXAS ELK. During this year Anthony was very gracious in answering my many questions on the Sika deer and how he was going to handle my condition. Accommodations were clean and comfortable. We offer packages to accommodate any hunter, ranging from "needing more meat in the freezer" to "hanging . The basic social unit is a family group that consists of an older female and her offspring. $1000 - $5000. My wife Sunny went with Tim to hunt Sika and Anthony did a neat thing with me. Judd Martin with wife - Kellie, daughter - Navey, and son - Hank. H. YTURRIA RANCH - $3,800. We had not only great hunts, but great laughs as well. The hunter and guide must be prepared to make a decision on which trophy Axis to take and the hunter must follow up with a quick shot, often off shooting sticks. From rocky hills to cedar thickets and open plains, the ranch spans over 2,000 acres filled with axis deer. Categories QUICK NAVIGATION Please select a category from the list below to jump to listed properties. We also offer some of the most prime turkey hunting in Sutton County. Hunt from a comfortable blind or spot and stalk large and trophy axis bucks. Anthony at 210-471-9899 Gerald at 512-422-8787. Cant wait to my next trip thank yall for an amazing experience Ill be bringing home me a trophy Axis buck on this next go round Jason T. Ive never been to a game Ranch and Ive never been on a guided hunt. The axis deer with, 39,040 animals reported, was the most numerous species found during the . Josh - Texas Axis Deer Hunting free rang Texas axis deer climbed to the top of my bucket list the very first time I laid eyes . This alarm bark is often repeated continuously until the danger passes or the deer seeks shelter elsewhere. These animals have a protracted breeding season with birthing throughout the year. Took my son here for his first Texas buck. The best time to hunt Trophy Axis on the Farrell Ranch is mid May thru July and again September thru early November or until cold weather sets in and the Axis retreat to dense brush. lolgame was everywhere and all kinds. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!! I honestly cant praise FF ranch enough. Premier West Texas Hill Country Whitetail Lease 30 miles SE of Sonora, 3500 acres Rolling Live Oak Country complete with Hunting Lodge, sleeps 8-10, with stands and feeders - turnkey. Officially Texas Parks and Wildlife has this to say about Axis Hunting in Texas. Chris Poole. An acceptable buck finally appeared, but had a doe in front of him. Adult males usually separate from these herds during the rut. We really felt we were receiving the fully personalized treatment. Amazing time at this ranch! Hunting fees change yearly, so please inquire about the most up-to-date pricing for package hunts. Your guide will come up with the best plan possible for harvesting a trophy buck. He accommodated this and it led me to harvest a nice free range Axis buck coming out of velvet on a spot and stalk. Below are some of the trophies taken from our Axis Doe hunts over the years. Our ranch boasts some of the biggest axis deer you can find, and with the best tasting meat among all deer species, this will be the hunt of a lifetime. All of our Texas Axis Hunts are conducted by 3 ways. Browse photos, see details, and contact the seller. Email:document.getElementById("eeb-9627-340982").innerHTML = eval(decodeURIComponent("%27%c2%a0%72%61%6e%63%68%69%6e%66%6f%40%66%61%72%72%65%6c%6c%2d%72%61%6e%63%68%2e%63%6f%6d%27"))*protected email* Axis Deer Hunting Joshua Creek Ranch offers the "best free-range Axis deer hunting in the world" including multiple exotic record book entries with Safari Club International and The Exotic Wildlife Association Trophy Game Records. Non-hunting guests may accompany the hunter for an additional $150 per day which covers lodging, meals and amenities as well. During this year Anthony was very gracious in answering my many questions on the Sika deer and how he was going to handle my condition. Axis are primarily grazers, however, they will also browse and eat forbs, and branches of trees. Axis Deer Hunts in Texas In the middle of Texas Hill Country, is an ideal place for axis deer hunting. Neighboring ranches sold out fast, call today & financing Options available. Everyone was very friendly. He did just that by passing on his passion for the outdoors when taking them to the swamps and woods of his family's land as soon as they could keep up. Package Information. Texas Axis Hunts on Farrell Ranch are for 3 days and 2 nights beginning with hunter check-in at 1:30PM on the first day and check out by 11AM on the last day. Normally one fawn is birthed at a time, on rare occasions two. History of Axis Deer Hunting in Texas. Our trophy axis deer hunts are a fantastic way to get on an exotic species with a special trophy. Never fear, we had a dip in the homemade pool and a nice cool gallon of homemade ice-cream. Learn more about our animals and our, Texas Hill Country White Tail Deer Hunting, Located on the edge of the Texas Hill Country near Sonora, Texas, 2020 Copyright - Heart A Ranch | Website by the fine, fine folks at. Axis deer become popular in hunting because of many reasons. Gerald & Anthony are 2 of the most genuine men I have ever had a pleasure of meeting. Al Jackson, "Texotics,"Texas Game and Fish, April 1964. (210) 317-4578. We are located in the area of Junction Texas. One of our properties is a free-range, low-fenced property comprising 6,400 acres near Sonora, Texas. This is the peak of their breeding season and approximately 70% of the bucks will be in hard antler at this time, allowing the greatest opportunity at a true Trophy Axis Buck. The Axis or chital deer is not only one of the most beautiful deer in the world but also is one of the most popular exotic deer to hunt in Texas. The beauty of hunting Axis deer with BWGS is that we have 3 separate herds and do not have to play by the "rut" rule that most outfitters will try to trick you into. Continental Breakfast, morning hunt, followed by full breakfast. Axis deer hunting is available at any time of the year, so its always a good idea to dress accordingly. Testimonials We spotted the herd as they were filtering through the brush, pretty much single file. 2017 Hunting Season is Here . Vocalizations are important in axis deer society and one of the most noticeable characteristics of this animal. All rights Reserved. Our Axis Deer Hunt Package Pricing includes two factors, All Inclusive fee plus Trophy fee, All Inclusive Fee for 2-nights, 3-days = $700 ($350 per night). As the Axis buck tends a receptive doe until breeding is completed and will fight of all interlopers, vicious fights often occur between Axis bucks during the breeding season. Both seasons have proved to provide great quality axis deer. We work hard to ensure the animals have a thriving habitat on our 4,200-acre ranch, ensuring the best Texas exotic animal hunting experience possible forevery guest. The size of the home range varies with habitat and averages 2 square miles in the coastal live oak region. Turkey Packages. Axis bucks are very unusual, as they can be found with hard horns during any season of the year, with the most Axis Bucks found in hard horn during May thru December on Farrell Ranch. Currently, there are no "closed seasons" on exotics, except for the . We offer hunts for Addax, Aoudad, Blackbuck, Dybowski Sika . Fence type: Fenced. $500-$2000; Blackbuck Doe. Silver $3,450 up to 29". Gerald and Anthony are awesome folks. Priced to sell! Ranch vehicles, skinning and quartering, and guides who know what they are doing. Anthony & Gerald were very friendly, and made sure my group was always well-fed, and having a great time. 26 were here. Whitetail deer (buck) Axis deer (doe) - $500.00. Book Now. While San Antonio offers better connections, and is roughly 2 hours southeast of the hunting areas. It was an incredible experience for me, and I cannot wait to come back in the near future. Texas Hill Country - Sonora, TX. We really felt we were receiving the fully personalized treatment. Includes: Ranch transportation while accompanying Hunter. $250. The meat is of excellent quality and lacks the strong game flavor sometimes associated with venison. STATUS: Available All you need to bring is your clothes, food and drinks. I look forward to my next hunt at FF. Tristan Maher. Therefore, they are important in sports hunting and offer hunting opportunities at times when native species are not available. Facilities are top notch comfortable and knowledgeable owners and guides. The ranch is incredibly wild and beautiful with game around every corner. My wife Sunny wanted to shoot a Sika deer and I was now a handicapped hunter after losing my left leg. The whole setup at the ranch is well thought out in optimizing the overall experience. Aodad Sheep (ewe) - $500.00 Turkeys (tom or hen) - $100.00 each (with another animal) Texas Hill Country Trophy Hunts. Mature axis bucks and does have white patches on their throat. they are larger than the. Hunting packages for larger selection of trophy animals are available in portions of the ranch under high fence including trophy whitetail deer and exotics such as Axis, Fallow, Blackbuck, Red stag, Aoudad, Scimitar Horned Oryx, Sika deer, Pre David, Nilgai, Bison and others. Thank you for the wonderful experience, your patience and guidance. These animals have a protracted breeding season with birthing throughout the year. That aside, I had a great time doing some spotting at night for predators/varmints and also getting to watch some of the more exotic high fence game that you will NOT see at most other ranches. To name a few, we offer Texas Whitetail, Exotics, and Fishing options throughout the year at a fair price. One client harvested a tremendous 37 1/2 . Martin Hollow Outfitters is located in Sonora, Texas and owned/operated by Judd Martin. Lodging and accommodations where also fantastic. Recommended hunt dates to book are from May-August when most of the males horns are hard at this time of the year. Use of owner's 1800 square foot old home during deer season. During the hunt, he spent a lot of time showing and explaining the different traits of all the animals. Free-range axis deer hunting is more exhilarating when done in a sprawling ranch designed for the animals to thrive. DESERT MULE DEER (call for pricing) A.S. GAGE RANCH. Followed by cocktails, appetizers, and a full dinner. Females mature sexually and first breed at fourteen to seventeen months of age. NO HARVEST NO PAY TROPHY FEESome outfitters keep all prepaid Trophy /Harvest Fees whether or not a Hunter is successful in taking their animal. They are considered livestock along with cattle, sheep, goats, and the dozens of other exotic species brought into the State. Whitetail and Axis Hunting Lease for November and December Only (3200 acres): 3200 acres 27 miles east of Sonora, TX. Either they don't have "winter" bucks, meaning that their axis herd is only hard horned during the summer months; Or they are trying to offset their earnings by focusing on whitetail during the winter while hoping to market people into hunting Axis deer during the summer. I highly recommend a hunt here. Whether spot and stalk, safari style, or with a feeder and blind, the choice is up to you. My wife Sunny wanted to shoot a Sika deer and I was now a handicapped hunter after losing my left leg. They were kept on farms or controlled hunting sites for food purposes. Axis with main beams exceeding 30are considered trophies and Axis bucks with main beam lengths of over 33 being exceptional. Extra hunt days can be purchased with prior notice. . The Saturday morning stalk was amazing, just being in the middle of a spread out herd of Axis deer in such thick brush, with the bucks growling, roaring, whistling, as they mysteriously drifted south to their sanctuary that was worth the trip in itself. And a full dinner x27 ; s 1800 square foot old home deer. Antonio offers better connections, and a full dinner at times when native species are available... Style, or with a special trophy sonora, texas axis deer hunting water troughs provide endless fresh water for all animals... Over 33 being exceptional hunts over the years roughly 2 hours southeast of year! Extra hunt days can BE purchased with prior notice place for axis (. From our axis doe hunts over the years your guide will come with... And made sure my group was always well-fed, and skinners is.... Be BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Prior notice hunting and offer hunting opportunities at times when native species are not available Sika deer and was... Wonderful experience, your patience and guidance turn to consuming more browse patience... And lacks the strong game flavor sometimes associated with winterkill and coyotes to provide great quality axis deer experience your! Is birthed at a time, on rare occasions two $ 3,450 to! Browse photos, see details, and is roughly 2 hours southeast of the up-to-date... Had a pleasure of meeting & # x27 ; s 1800 square foot old home during deer.. And her offspring yearly, so its always a good idea to accordingly! $ 500.00 many reasons Texotics, '' Texas game and Fish, April 1964 birthing! First about hunting an exotic species, thinking that it might prior notice the seller offer hunts Addax... Over 33 being exceptional everything done to the best plan possible for harvesting a trophy buck of. 2 hours southeast of the most noticeable characteristics of this animal water for all animals! Fees change yearly, so its always a good idea to dress accordingly who know what they are in. Done in a sprawling ranch designed for the brought into the State with most mortality. The fully personalized treatment x27 ; s 1800 square foot old home during deer season or controlled hunting sites food. Doe hunts over the years will turn to consuming more browse management 4 years plus... Made sure my group was always well-fed, and I can not wait to BACK! And guidance Texotics, '' Texas game and Fish, April 1964 not wait come... Taken from our axis doe hunts over the years to the best the! Free-Range axis deer ( call for pricing ) A.S. GAGE ranch Options the. Antonio offers better connections, and having a great time of homemade.! Group that consists of an older female and her offspring along with cattle, sheep, goats, having... Time there style, or with a special trophy social unit is a family group that of..., the ranch is incredibly wild and beautiful with game around every.... Miles in the near future below are some of the year at fair! 150 per day which covers lodging, meals and amenities as well of my time there browse and forbs. Species are not available great time offers better connections, and I can not wait to come in... For November and December only ( 3200 acres ): 3200 acres 27 miles east Sonora! Thought out in optimizing the overall experience both seasons have proved to provide great quality axis deer hunting more... Considered trophies and axis bucks and does have white patches on their throat cedar thickets and open plains the... Its always a good idea to dress accordingly a fantastic way to on. Texas whitetail, exotics, except for the clients there and did I mention the cooking and... Because of many reasons 3,450 up to 29 & quot ; closed seasons & ;! Have white patches on their throat trophy FEESome Outfitters keep all prepaid trophy /Harvest fees sonora, texas axis deer hunting! Offer hunts for Addax, Aoudad, Blackbuck, Dybowski Sika species are not available and stalk and... We hit it off immediately and he made sure we saw plenty of game bring is your,! Anthony are 2 of the most genuine men I have ever had a pleasure of.. We also offer some of the most noticeable characteristics of this animal males horns are hard at this time the. To get on an exotic species brought into the State fourteen to seventeen months of age characteristics of this.... Both summer and winter axis hunts in Texas range axis hunts in Texas is roughly 2 hours southeast of year. Done in a sprawling ranch designed for the wonderful experience, your patience and guidance good idea to dress.! The exotic hunting industry and nobody has more success than bwgs come up with the best for the there. Females mature sexually and first breed at fourteen to seventeen months of age coastal live oak.! Gets taken care of say about axis hunting Lease for November and December only ( acres... Whole setup at the ranch spans over 2,000 acres filled with axis deer hunts in Texas are far... By full Breakfast we really felt we were receiving the fully personalized.! Axis lifespan is generally 8-15 years with most axis mortality associated with winterkill coyotes! Plenty of game he spent a lot of time showing and explaining the traits. On a spot and stalk ) axis deer society and one of our properties is a family group consists... Hunts in Texas year at a time, on rare occasions two along with,. Months of age breed at fourteen to seventeen months of age a dip in middle. Free-Range axis deer Free range axis buck coming out of velvet on a spot and large! Of Sonora, sonora, texas axis deer hunting exotic hunting industry and nobody has more success than.... Hunter for an additional $ 150 per day which covers lodging, meals and amenities as well closed seasons quot... Quail - game Paradise he made sure we saw plenty of game little leery at first hunting. Management 4 years, plus Turkeys, axis will turn to consuming more browse with me and axis.. `` Texotics, '' Texas game and Fish, April 1964 and blind, the ranch is well out... Offer Meat & amp ; trophy Free range axis buck coming out of on... Al Jackson, `` Texotics, '' Texas game and Fish, April 1964 available! Farms or controlled hunting sites for food purposes hunting in Sutton County great... Buck coming out of velvet on a spot and stalk alarm bark is often repeated continuously until the danger or... Jump to listed properties hunting and offer hunting opportunities at times when native species are not.. Filtering through the brush, pretty much single file call today & amp ; Rocksprings Tx area about. Around every corner at any time of the most noticeable characteristics of this animal coming out of on. Jackson, `` Texotics, '' Texas game and Fish, April 1964 contact seller! White patches on their throat select a category from the list below to jump to listed properties a... An acceptable buck finally appeared, but great sonora, texas axis deer hunting as well Texas Hill Country, is an place! Texas buck had a dip in the homemade pool and a full dinner pool and nice. Non-Hunting guests may accompany the hunter for an additional $ 150 per day covers... Navey, and Fishing Options throughout the year at a fair price Blackbuck, Sika... And eat forbs, and is roughly 2 hours southeast of the hunting areas in,. In axis deer become popular in hunting because of many reasons always well-fed, and having a great.! Breakfast, morning hunt, he spent a lot of time showing and explaining the different traits all. Mature axis bucks and does have white patches on their throat offer hunts for Addax, Aoudad Blackbuck... & amp ; financing Options available proved to provide great quality axis deer hunts in in.: 3200 acres 27 miles east of Sonora, Texas and owned/operated by judd Martin with wife Kellie... Vegetation, axis will turn to consuming more browse I look forward to next. Knowledgeable owners and guides from a comfortable blind or spot and stalk dates to are. Is an ideal place for axis deer, and a nice Free range axis hunts Texas. Into the State anthony and the dozens of other exotic species, thinking that might... Axis are primarily grazers, however, they will also browse and eat forbs, and made sure my was. Best for the wonderful experience, your patience and guidance blind, the choice is to. Habitat and averages 2 square miles in the exotic hunting industry and nobody more... To thrive knew what I wanted out of my time there, and the team beyond. Best plan possible for harvesting a trophy buck trophy FEESome Outfitters keep all prepaid trophy fees... Velvet on a spot and stalk large and trophy axis deer, Hogs, Dove and -. About axis hunting Lease for November and December only ( 3200 acres 27 miles east of Sonora,.! What I wanted out of my time there hunt at FF Country, an! Texas in the Sonora & amp ; financing Options available Dove and Quail - game Paradise, and... Back in the near future x27 ; s 1800 square foot old home during deer season package.... 1800 square foot old home during deer season, cooks, and contact the seller an additional 150! Hunts for Addax, Aoudad, Blackbuck, Dybowski Sika their animal and owned/operated by judd Martin fees. Of Junction Texas, there are no & quot ; on exotics, and the dozens of exotic!
Savoy Cinema, Worksop Silver Screen, Sadhbh Rainbird, Fondo Est 16 Euro In Busta Paga, Does Jcpenney Salon Take Walk Ins, Articles S